Friday, February 12, 2016

Festive Valentine Snack & A Fun Idea for Your Sweetheart

'Tis the season of love.  My boys were up extra early this morning both sporting an extra pep in their step.  Valentine parties are today and they couldn't have been more excited.  We didn't have to do anything extra special..they both picked out their Valentine's a few weeks ago and that was that.  A box of fruit roll-ups for the youngest while my oldest went for the Fun Dip.  Their Valentine parties are for kids only so I don't get to see any of the fun, but I'm sure I'll get an earful when I pick them up this afternoon.  I was grateful we didn't have to do anything other than sign cards this year. While I love those darling Valentine boxes, I'm sure grateful they haven't had to make any since Pre-K!  #lazymom  
He wanted a Minion box SO badly!!!  Thank goodness for Pinterest :)  And bless his heart..two years later and he still has the darn thing!  


I stayed up late last night making some sweet treats to deliver to our teacher's lounge today.  #operationcupidslounge.  I also made an extra batch of goodies for Mr. Spouse's student trainers.  They always love stuff like that.  Here's what we ended up with when it was all said and done...



Love Potion #9 (a carton or raspberry sherbet, a can of frozen pink lemonade, and a liter of Sprite...SO good!!!)
Cupcake kisses - store bought Cookies & Cream cupcakes with heart embellishments
Sweetheart Bars  (rice krispie treats tinted pink & sprinkled)
Be Mine Marshmallows - jumbo marshmallows dipped in pink candy melts & topped with sprinkles
Hugs & Kisses Cookies - Regular & golden oreos dipped in pink candy melts & sprinkled
Valentine Pretzels - pretzels dipped in pink candy melts & topped with sprinkles
Cupid's Crunch (recipe below)

I had intentions of making a few more things, but I was up pretty late and just couldn't stay up a minute longer!  I absolutely LOVE doing stuff like this for our teachers.  I think it's so important to let them know how much they're appreciated.  Teachers love this kind of stuff, too :)  

Here's a little something I did for Mr. Spouse a few years ago.  I set it all out the night before Valentine's Day so he'd have something to wake up to the next morning before heading off to work.  We don't get each other big gifts for Valentine's, but it sure was fun to surprise him with this!!!


If you want to surprise your sweetheart with a little buffet of yumminess, you can download the tags below.


I found this little recipe yesterday and was so excited!  Sounded right up my alley and too easy to pass up.  This is a great little spin on the tried and true puppy chow.  Completely irresistible and easy to make!  Whip up a batch to munch on this weekend and I promise you won't have a bite left!!!  THe perfect little treat for your sweetheart(s) :)  
I made a HUGE batch since I was taking it up to school for the teachers, so that's what the measurements reflect below.  Check out Mom Fabulous for the measurements of the smaller batch.
  SO GOOD!!!!



CUPID'S CRUNCH

13 cups of Rice Chex Cereal (divided in half)
12 oz. vanilla almond bark (this is equal to 6 squares)
3/4 C. peanut butter
3/4 C. powdered sugar
1 bag of red/white/pink M & M's

Divide the cereal in half...6 1/2 cups in a large bowl and 6 1/2 cups in a large ziplock baggie.

Melt the almond bark in the microwave.  I melted mine in  90 second intervals in a large glass bowl.  It took about 180 seconds to melt through.  

Stir melted almond bark until smooth and add in 3/4 cups of creamy peanut butter.

Stir until combined.  The peanut butter will melt as you stir.

Pour the peanut butter/almond bark mixture over the cereal in the large bowl and mix until the cereal is pretty evenly coated.  Pour out evenly onto a few pieces of wax paper and set aside for 15-20 minutes. 

Add 3/4 cups of powdered sugar to the baggie of cereal, zip it up, and give it a good shake to coat.  Keep inside baggie until the other half of the cereal is ready.

After the 15-20 minute mark ,return the cereal on the wax paper back into the large bowl and toss in the powdered sugar cereal, too.  Mix well to combine and add the bag of M&M's.  Toss to mix it all up.

Voila! 

The perfect, festive snack!!!  With the exception of the 15-20 minute wait time, this took about 10 minutes to prep and make.  My kind of snacking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love that lounge idea! The teachers loved it, I'm sure! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete