Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just Give Me a Shovel

Mr. Spouse’s aunt makes the most amazing cookies every Christmas.  One in particular is my absolute favorite.  I seriously can’t.get.enough.  I shovel them into my mouth by the fistfuls and then spend the rest of the year dreaming about them and wishing I knew how to make them for myself.  When I found this recipe, I was pretty sure I hit the jackpot.  They look JUST like the kind Aunt Cynthia makes!!  While NOTHING can beat Aunt Cynthia’s version, these come in pretty dang close.  A little decadent piece of heaven…and just like Aunt Cynthia’s cookies, I shovel ‘em into my mouth by the fistfuls.  AMAZING.

SNOW CAPPED CRINKLES

1 bar Dark Chocolate {I used Lindt, 85% Cocoa}

1 cup brown sugar, packed

1/3 cup oil {I used vegetable oil}

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. sea salt

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup walnuts, chopped {optional…I did NOT use them!!!}

 

Just incase you’re curious, here’s the chocolate I used…

crinklecookies1 

You’ll need to start by chopping the bar into chunks.

crinklecookies2

Now melt it…I used the microwave :)  Remove from heat and stir.  Add the sugar and oil and combine with the chocolate.  Now add the eggs…one at a time.  Beat well and add vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Now add the flour/powder/salt mix to the chocolate mix.  Stir well to combine. 

crinklecookies3

Place in the fridge and chill for about 2{ish} hours. In the meantime, drink a glass…or two…of wine. I found that it pairs nicely with the chocolate you’re about to consume ;)   When you pull the dough out, it’ll look like this…

crinklecookies4

Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.  I definitely used more than the specified amount…the more sugar the better, right?!  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350.  Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.

crinklecookies5

I can definitely say that there’s absolutely NOTHING I dislike about these little bite-sized pieces of heaven.  They.are.AMAZING.  Like I said before, nothing can beat Aunt Cynthia’s version of this cookie, but these come pretty dang close.  They’re definitely the PERFECT substitute while I’m waiting all year long to have more of Aunt Cynthia’s at Christmas :)  SO amazing!!!!

crinklecookies6

1 comment: