Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Soup We All Know & Love

Here’s a soup we all know and love, but because it’s so dang good, it’s worth mentioning again.  Especially since the temps are dropping and nothing tastes better than a hot cuppa soup on a cold winter day!  I added a little extra “kick” to this recipe and it scored a big, fat THUMBS UP from Mr. Spouse.  He said he even likes it better than my favorite soup recipe!! 


1-2 lbs. ground beef {I used 1 lb.}

I large onion, chopped

1 can pinto beans with jalapenos {I used Ranch Style}

1 can red kidney beans

1 {8 0z.} can diced green chiles

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 can stewed tomatoes, Mexican style

1 can Rotel {I used HOT}

1 can beef broth

1 pkg. taco seasoning

1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing {dry}


Brown meat & onion together and drain.  Transfer to large pot and add beans, corn, chiles, tomatoes, Rotel, broth, seasoning, & dressing. 


Stir well and simmer for about an hour.  Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, and some warm cornbread! 

Happy soup makin’ season!!!


  1. I'm your newest happy follower.

  2. Making this right now!! But, I had to improvise a bit. With all the snow we are having, for some reason the ranch dry mix was out, lol! I used a german salad dressing I had in the cabinet. Love this soup!!!