Friday, December 11, 2009

Good ‘Til The Last Bite!

This is one dessert I could TRULY eat ALL the time.  I first had this when my sweet friend, Meredith, made this for a little playgroup get-together.  I couldn’t stop thinking about it days later, so I asked her for the recipe.  Now it’s my go-to dessert for any and every kinda anything…and I get compliments on it ALL the time.  Thanks for the recipe Meredith!!!  SOOOO good!!!!

MEREDITH’S SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE

2 cans crescent rolls

2 pkgs. cream cheese

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1 stick butter, melted

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Line a 13x9 pan with 1 can of crescent rolls.  Pinch seams together.  Mix together cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, & vanilla.  Beat until creamy.  Spread on top of crescents.  Take the other can of crescents and cover the top of the cream cheese mix.  Press seams together to cover.  Pour melted butter on top of crescents.  Mix together remaining 1/2 cup sugar & cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top of butter.  Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.

PERSONALLY, I prefer to eat these the next day.  Once they come out of the oven, I let them cool and then refrigerate them for a couple of hours.  I usually cut them into bars or little bite-sized pieces depending on where I’m taking them.  They’re DELICIOUS right out of the fridge and even better when they’re warmed up just a bit!  You’ve GOTTA try it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made these in awhile and now my mouth is just watering for some!!!

    ReplyDelete