Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What the Teacher Wore Wednesday

Super simple outfits for this week's What I Wore Wednesday.  I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy :)


Spent some time up at school and wanted to be comfy.  I knew I'd be standing on chairs and working on the floor so I needed something forgiving.  I absolutely LOVE this tee...the cuffed sleeves are what got me! I've been wearing it a lot more than I probably should :)  

Shoes:  Fringe Sandal, Target (no longer available) - but THESE are adorable and THESE are similar


When I was looking through my closet a few weeks ago I realized I have a lot of the same color tops.  Mostly gray, black, cream, and blue.  I'm trying to get better about buying and wearing different colors.  My closet needs an overhaul for sure.  When I found this one at my favorite store, I had to get it.  I do love wearing green and this olive top is the perfect addition.  It's light and airy and a bit longer in the back than the front.  I love those kinds of tops.  And I love that the sleeves are a different fabric.  



It was a little cool last week for a couple of days (and by cool I mean 85), so I wore this little transition top with my favorite jorts :)  It was the perfect little outfit for running errands around town.  I'm excited to wear this top in the cooler months ahead.  It looks really cute paired with a vest & flared jeans.  I love the crocheted detail on the top front/back/sleeves.  It's a really cute, versatile top I can see myself wearing a lot!!  It's somewhat sheer so I have to wear a cami with it.  


Shorts:  American Eagle, a couple of years ago
Shoes:  Steve Madden Comma Sandals, Cognac 
Jewelry:  Ear Pin & Jacket;  Tassel bracelets (last spring)


 I wanted something comfy and elastic to wear for Sunday Funday with the family because mom was making pasta and dad made his famous queso.  I knew I'd have a food baby by the time it was all said and done, so I needed some extra stretch :)  This is my most FAVORITE romper and I bought it from Target about 4-5 years ago and it's held up amazingly well.  It's strapless can be dressed up or down.  I love pairing it with my camel sweater, belt, and wedges.  On Sunday, I paired it with my new kimono and sandals.  Simple and cute!  My favorite kind of outfit!!
Strapless romper:  Target, about 4-5 years ago
Shoes:  Steven Madden Comma Sandals, Black

Although it's still pretty dang hot here, I'm trying to ready my closet for Fall.  That means I won't need long sleeves 'til November or December (goodness I love Texas!!!!)  One of my favorite boutiques just released this Olive Fur Lined Vest and I had to grab it.  I'll be wearing that a lot when the weather cools down!  



3 comments:

  1. LaRue is my favorite store of all time! It's about 10 minutes from our house :) Maybe you will have to come to the store and see for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute looks all around, but my very fave is the jumpsuit and leopard ensemble! You look amazing in it! Your striped tee and distressed jeans also really caught my eye.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore my kimono last night for the first time, love it!

    ReplyDelete