Thursday, September 3, 2015

Strawberry BREADfast

My boys are really excited about the months to come.  In particular, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.  'Tis the season.  The other day my littlest said, "Mom, we should really start making more bread.  Is it time for that pumpkin bread yet?!"  While I didn't have any of those ingredients on hand, I did have everything I needed to make Strawberry Bread.  I've been meaning to try this recipe for a while.  Since we just got new neighbors I figured it would be the perfect time to whip up a couple of loaves. We took the extra loaf over when we introduced ourselves yesterday.  Grant really enjoyed it this morning for breakfast excitedly exclaiming, "This is the best BREADfast ever!!!", with a giant laugh that followed.  He cracks himself up.  So "punny".  But he's right.  This is a pretty great BREADfast if I do say so myself ;)



GLAZED STRAWBERRY BREAD
3 C. all purpose flour
2 C. sugar
1 TBSP. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
2 (10 oz.) pkgs frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

GLAZE
1 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 TBSP. milk


Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix well.  In a separate bowl, mix together the oil and the eggs then stir in the strawberries.  Since I gave my strawberries time to thaw out, I drained the juice reserving about 1/2 cup.  Add the strawberry mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.  Then add the reserved strawberry juice and mix well.  Pour the batter into two greased and floured 5x9 in loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Makes 2 loaves.


Delicious!

I'm often deterred from making many bread recipes because so often they come out dry and bland.  This recipe is neither.  I think this recipe would be great with fresh strawberries as well and I plan on adding a carton to the existing recipe next time I bake it.  I absolutely LOVE strawberries and love how the flavor isn't lost in this bread.  Not too much, not too little.  Just right!  And apparently it makes a pretty good BREADfast, too ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy this looks delicious!!! I was just thinking about making scones for my co-workers tomorrow but I may try this instead! I am SOOOO behind on blog and instagram reading- the start of the school year has kicked my butt! So happy that when I clicked on my blogger dashboard to work on a post for tomorrow I saw your post come right up!!! Hope your boys are off to a great school year!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I love sweet breads. I'll have to try this one. I know my boys will love it!

    ReplyDelete