Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What the Teacher Wore Wednesday

I think this goes without saying, but it's been HOT this summer.  As I'm typing right now, the rain is falling and the temps have cooled down considerably.  I'd say 90 feels like winter right about now.  Not that I'm complaining.  I LOVE the heat.  I'd much rather be hot than cold ANY day.  But Lawd...this tiny drop in degrees sure is nice.  

Lunch with a dear friend and a romper for the win last week.  I know I probably have ZERO business wearing something like this, but y'all...it's HOT.  And it still fits (which is more than I can say for some of my clothes. #iliketoeat


Romper:  Target, last summer
Wedges:  Guess - DSW 3 years ago


Spending the night hopping from place to place downtown for Adam's 40th called for white jeans and a flowy tank.  In case you weren't already aware, wedges are NOT a good choice when you're walking everywhere.  10 blocks in wedges makes for awfully sore feet the next morning.


Top:  Forever 21, 2 years ago
Jeans:  Gap Always Skinny


Woke up downtown on Sunday and dressed down for brunch at Danton's.  I'm in love with this puebla blouse and I'd wear it every day if I could get away with it.  The part that isn't embroidered is a crepe material...super flowy and soft.   I've been seeing these around in our local boutiques, but I've held back on purchasing because they're so darn expensive!!!  I know I'd get my money's worth, but it's still hard to justify the price tag.  I ended up finding this in a booth at a local trade days/flea market a few weeks ago and I couldn't have been MORE excited.  For $20 I was SOLD!



Top:  local trade days/flea market
Shorts:  American Eagle, 2ish years ago
Sandals: Steven Madden Comma Sandals
Jewelry:  Bead & Tassel Bracelets, Forever 21 last year;   Kendra Scott Sophee Drop Earrings in Gold


Threw this on for my youngest's Meet the Teacher last night.  I knew it would be warm in the building with all those bodies so I wanted something that would breathe.  These linen pants are some of my favorites!!!  Love the fit and the feel.  SO comfy.  Not flattering in the least, but I still think they're cute!  


Shoes:  Shoes:  BCBG Richmand Sandals (they're all sold out...BUT...these are a cute, inexpensive alternative)


No comments:

Post a Comment