Thursday, August 27, 2015

Orange You Glad It's {Almost} Friday?!

The first week of the new school year has started and I sort of feel like I'm back in a routine.  My boys started 2nd & 1st grade(s) on Monday and they are LOVING it so far.




I did a little news segment for a local station on Monday talking all about teacher gifts.  Just a few quick and easy ideas, but then I got to thinking that I forgot one so I wanted to chat about that here in case you need any ideas for the teachers in your life.  This would be a great one for any Friday of the school year :)

Let me just preface this by saying that teachers DO NOT expect gifts.  Ever.  When I was in the classroom I didn't expect anything from any of my kids.  And I'm being so very sincere when I say that my most favorite gifts were always hand drawn pictures and letters from my kids and letters from my parents.  No lie...I still have 13 years worth of cards, pictures, notes, and letters all saved in a big box from all my K-2 kids and families.
 #packrat #cantletgo

All that to be said, I do love treating my boys' teachers to little gifts and treats throughout the year.  I know they don't expect it.  I know they don't NEED it.  I just enjoy doing it.  It's nice to feel appreciated and I really love giving them little pick-me-ups to show our appreciation.

Now moving on...

   I know how hard and tiring that first week of school can be.  And to anyone who's ever taught before, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...



Can I get an amen?!

Needless to say, I really want the boys teachers to know how much I appreciate them and what they do for my kids.  I know the sacrifices they make.  The late nights.  The 18 hour days.  The missed dinners.  And bedtime prayers with the kids.  And the mind numbing exhaustion which doesn't seem to let up until sometime around June :)  I appreciate them more than they know.

I won't be sending little gift baskets to school every week.  I'm pretty sure I'm finished for a while.  But I will send them little things every now and then.  It's nice to feel appreciated and to know that what you do is acknowledged.  Especially that first week.  

After sending the teachers their survival kits on the first day, I decided to end the week with a small little basket of fun to wish them a happy weekend.  There's no better weekend than the weekend following the first week of school...especially when it's a 3-day weekend.  WELL DESERVED for sure!


This idea is nothing new.  I didn't create it.  I just borrowed it.  And you can find lots of them on Pinterest.  Here's my little take....





And here's what we put inside...



Orange basket, ribbon, and mini clip chalkboard were all found in the party section at Hobby Lobby.  
Of course, you could add your own perfect spin and put in anything orange you can find, too.  

I tucked all the goodies into a spare piece of burlap I had hanging around and then sent the boys off to school.  Uh...should've rethought that whole idea.  They had quite the time getting out of the car and carrying them inside.  Whoops!  



I went ahead and changed the printable to say "Have a great weekend!" instead of "Have a great 3-day weekend!" so that they can be used any time of the year :)  You can download a printable copy by clicking on the pic below.




TGI (almost) FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment