Monday, January 21, 2013

Meal Planning Monday

I think every weekend should be a 3-day weekend.  This weekend was exceptionally relaxing.  Mr. Spouse was out of town and I swore I was going to be super productive, but I decided that being productive is really overrated.  When Mr. Spouse is home, he’s ALWAYS going…he really can’t sit still.  So I always feel guilty when I just sit around doing nothing.  I didn’t exactly sit around doing nothing…I went to dinner with the girls, went shopping with my mom, visited my about-to-pop-pregnant sister.  So I was definitely busy, but productive?!?! Well, notsomuch.  One thing I managed to do this morning was to get my shopping list ready for the week ahead.  Now I’m about to head out the door with my boys and you can guarantee that I’m not overly-thrilled about taking them to the grocery store.  Fingers crossed for a quick, in & out kinda trip!!!  Here’s what I’ll be cookin’ up in the kitchen this week…

Monday:  Carnitas Avocado Pizza with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise

Tuesday:  Busy Mom’s Chicken Soup with Rice

Wednesday:  Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas

Thursday:  Queso Smothered Chicken with Orzo

Friday:  Leftovers

Saturday & Sunday…I haven’t gotten that far yet!  HA!

If you’re enjoying a 3-day weekend like me, I hope you’re spending LOTS of time being just as unproductive as you can be ;)

8 comments:

  1. Yum, Monday's meal sounds sooooo good. Might have to check that recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too productive either but it was nice to be lazy for a change :) Your meals sound delicious yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making your busy mom's soup almost once a week since I discovered it! It's SOOO good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had a food blog too! You are amazing and such an inspiration! Not sure how you find the time! I am starting to like to cook so I am your newest follower!!!!!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh...That queso covered chicken with orzo looks A-Ma-Zing. Drooling over here. I love Plain Chicken recipes too. Gonna have to get to HEB. :)

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting your weekly menus. I need to start doing that too!! We are trying pizza quesadillas tonight since its just me and the boys. Our site is Greencattlebeef.com/blog. You might find some recipes you like as well. Leslie

    ReplyDelete