Monday, January 7, 2013

Meal Planning Monday

I decided I’m going to kick off the New Year with a bang and what better way than to start meal planning again?!  It’s been a while since I’ve done this.  For the last 5ish months or so, I’ve pretty much been flying by the seat of my pants.  We have a tiny little grocery store here in town, but it’s expensive as all get out so I have to go into town to do all my “big” shopping.   It’s about a 20ish minute drive to the grocery store and I don’t always wanna drive that after work…so flying by the seat has just sorta been the norm here at my house.  Now I’m ready to get back in the game.  Here’s what we’re up to {foodwise} this week….
Monday:  Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Tostadas with Caramelized Onions
Tuesday:  Leftovers {Mr. Spouse has to work}
Wednesday:  Chicken Tequila Soup
Thursday:  Creamy Marinara Pasta with French Bread
Friday:  Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Saturday:  Momma’s kitchen is closed…we’ll be eating out!!! 
Sunday:  Texans watch party!  #bullsonparade {lots of tailgating food!!!!}

I’d love to know what you’re having, too!!  If you feel so inclined, link up below with your meal plan for the week!!  I’m always looking for new ideas!


3 comments:

  1. I have been on a pinning rampage trying to get easy-to-prepare meals for the new year - so first, I want to say THANK YOU for all the great recipes!!

    I also just saw this genius idea about a freezer bag exchange! This group of ladies meet once a month and share already prepped meals. They just exchange the freezer bags, store until ready, dump in the crockpot and chow down! I am so going to try to start a group at my school.

    I thought it was a cool idea :)

    Susan

    PS- here is the original link that I stumbled upon, http://octobersmorning.blogspot.com/2012/10/freezer-meal-exchange.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Your meal plan looks fabulous. I love the idea of a "closed" kitchen a night or two a week. I might have to institute that in the future.

    Nicole from OrWhateverYouDo.com

    ReplyDelete