Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Addiction.

I'm *slightly* addicted to bread. I'm not ashamed to admit that I could polish off a loaf in one sitting. Now, I'm not talkin' about Mrs. Baird's {albeit delicious}...I'm talkin' 'bout nice, fresh, WARM rolls of French bread or something of that nature. I'm especially fond of ciabatta with a little olive oil and cracked pepper dip. Salivating right now...I need to move on. Here's another Pinterest find. Any kind of bread that involves cheese, bacon, and butter has to be insanely amazing and this IS. People. Trust me when I tell you that you need to RUN to your store and get these ingredients immediately. Just make sure you have someone to help you eat it...not because you'll need the help, but you just don't need the guilt from consuming the entire loaf all at once. It's called "crack" bread for a reason!!!!

 

CHEDDAR BACON RANCH PULLS {AKA: CRACK BREAD}

1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread {I used the round loaf...you'll want to also!!}

8-12 oz. cheddar, thinly sliced

3 oz bag Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 tbsp. Ranch dressing mix

 

Let's get busy. I don't want y'all wasting any time.....you need this on your taste buds IMMEDIATELY.

First, cut the bread going both directions. You'll need to use a sharp bread knife for this and make sure you DON'T cut through the bottom crust. It should still be in one piece!

ranchpullapartbread1

Now place the slices of cheese in between the cuts of bread. Then sprinkle the bacon bits on top making sure they fall in between the cuts, too. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and ranch mix and whisk until blended. Pour the butter/ranch mix over the bread and wrap the entire loaf in foil. Place on a baking sheet {with edges} and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Unwrap and discard foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

ranchpullapartbread2

Now place on a platter and dig in...or if you're like me, don't wait for all that and just eat it right off the pan. I need an intervention because I'm seriously addicted. I couldn't step away from the snack table when I made this. I was hovering all night. As glad as I was that our party guests were enjoying the fare, I got a little upset when I'd see them picking at my bread. Now go 'head and getcha some and see what I'm talkin' about!!!

ranchpullapartbread3

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to make this ASAP! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious - what more could you want?!?!? Cheese, bacon and bread!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took my leftovers for lunch today and had drooling faces over my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this look delicious!! Maybe I will make this as an appetizer for our Christmas Eve party! Pinning it now!

    ReplyDelete