Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Good “Stuff”

Y’all know how much I love Paula Deen.  Like, BIG love.  And I LOVE her recipes {as high in calories and fat…and butter…as they might be :)}.  This little number is just another Paula Deen Grand Slam in my book.  SO happy Dena introduced me to these!!  Infact, she was raving about it and when she posted the pics on her blog, I could resist no longer.  Thank you ladies!  This dish was a HIT!!!!!

SHRIMP STUFFED POTATOES

6 large Idaho baking potatoes

Vegetable oil, for coating

1 stick of butter

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

2 cups grated monterrey jack cheese

2 cups sour cream

salt & pepper, to taste

1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined {I used frozen…thawed out, of course!}

kosher salt, optional

paprika

 

Wash potatoes, dry them, and then prick ‘em with a fork on the sides. Coat each potato with vegetable oil and sprinkle some kosher salt on top of each.  I like eating the potato skin & I think it’s yummiest with a little kosher salt :)  Place potatoes on a foil lined baking pan and cook for about 1 hour.

shrimpstuffpotato1

I used 8 because they were smaller potatoes.  I had a bag I wanted to use up!  Anyway, remove potatoes from oven and slice each in half.  Gently scoop out the potato and place in a large mixing bowl.  Add butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix on high using a handheld mixer.

shrimpstuffpotato2

shrimpstuffpotato3shrimpstuffpotato4shrimpstuffpotato5

Now fold in the shrimp and all the cheeses.

shrimpstuffpotato6

Now gently stuff the shrimp mix back into the potato shells, pile them as high as you can, and sprinkle with cheese.  I got a little too ambitious on this part and piled ‘em high like I was playing a dang game of Jenga.  Not necessary.  Just stuff ‘em full!!

shrimpstuffpotato7shrimpstuffpotato9

Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until brown on top.  Remove and dig in!  {See what I mean by piling them too high?!  I had cheese EVERYWHERE!  HA!}

shrimpstuffpotato10

I’ve yet to meet a Paula Deen dish that I don’t absolutely adore.  These were so stinkin’ good!  And easy!!  And PERFECT for a cookout or a fun dinner with friends…especially since the recipe makes so much.  You will NOT be disappointed you tried this one out…pinky promise :)   And ignore my cracked plate…it’s about time for a replacement, but I’m pretty sure Mr. Spouse would KILL me if I brought another plate/bowl/dish/mug/cup into this house.  I think I’m obsessed!!! 

shrimpstuffpotato11

No comments:

Post a Comment