Sunday, September 5, 2010

CRASH! Let This Be A Lesson...

That would be the sound you might've heard when my sweet little laptop DIED last week. Apparently, my sweet little man was playing "Cars" on our keyboard while I was at work and Daddy was on the phone. I guess all of his racin' KILLED it. I was in a panic. My ENTIRE LIFE is on that thing! And we've only had her less than a year!!! And it's a really good laptop! Needless to say, I was NOT happy :( The techies told us everything could be saved (fingers crossed) and I'm praying the online storage system I invested in over a month ago backed everything up for us. Even though Mr. Spouse bought a 3-year warranty should ANYTHING happen to her, apparently this problem isn't covered. What a shocker. SO...$300 later and they say she's better than new...minus EVERYTHING I ever purchased for download. BOO.

SO let this be a lesson, friends. DON'T leave your laptop in arms (or cars) reach of the littles and for the love of all that is holy, BACK.EVERYTHING.UP!!!!!!

I'll be back in a few days with some recipes that are SURE to get your tail in the kitchen!!


  1. just found your blog and so inspired!! love all the recipes, as does my husband :). so sorry to hear about the little laptop :(. looking forward to more yummies soon!! your quesadillas are on the menu for us tonight...

  2. holy moly....that is scary! We had our home computer die on us and I totally feel your pain!

  3. Oh, yeah, mine crashed a couple of months ago, tragedy! Fortunately my ex is a computer geek and was able to restore my documents and pics..whew...

    so hope you're as fortunate!