Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Good You’ll Wanna Lick The Bowl!

As a kid, licking the spoon/mixer/bowl/spatula was my FAVORITE thing to do when my mom baked cakes & cupcakes.  In all honesty, it’s STILL my favorite thing to do when I’m the one baking.  There’s a reason Blue Bell offers Cake Batter ice cream, people.  I recently found the most PERFECT companion to red velvet cupcakes...a sinfully delectable recipe for cream cheese frosting…and it’s SO good, you’ll wanna lick the bowl clean! 


Half a brick (4 oz.) of cream cheese

1 stick of butter, unsalted

2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla


In a large bowl, beat together butter & cream cheese with an electric mixer.


Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix on low speed.


Beat in the vanilla extract until well blended & frost your goodies!!!!


That couldn’t have been an easier recipe and OMG…SINFULLY DELICIOUS!!  I wanted to lick the bowl clean, and I seriously think I did!!  I made these cupcakes for a friend on our team and a few of the girls said they wanted to lick the bowl, too!!  HA!!  It really is THAT good!!!!!

PS:  Please forgive my lack of “frosting” skills.  I was icing cupcakes at midnight and had been up since 5 a.m., so I was doin’ good just to get the icing ON the cupcakes.  Eeeeks.








1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm...that sounds totally delish and I think I must add this to my list of recipes to try!