Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Good You’ll Wanna Lick The Bowl!

As a kid, licking the spoon/mixer/bowl/spatula was my FAVORITE thing to do when my mom baked cakes & cupcakes.  In all honesty, it’s STILL my favorite thing to do when I’m the one baking.  There’s a reason Blue Bell offers Cake Batter ice cream, people.  I recently found the most PERFECT companion to red velvet cupcakes...a sinfully delectable recipe for cream cheese frosting…and it’s SO good, you’ll wanna lick the bowl clean! 

SINFULLY DELECTABLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

Half a brick (4 oz.) of cream cheese

1 stick of butter, unsalted

2 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

 

In a large bowl, beat together butter & cream cheese with an electric mixer.

creamcheesefrosting1

Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix on low speed.

creamcheesefrosting2

Beat in the vanilla extract until well blended & frost your goodies!!!!

creamcheesefrosting3

That couldn’t have been an easier recipe and OMG…SINFULLY DELICIOUS!!  I wanted to lick the bowl clean, and I seriously think I did!!  I made these cupcakes for a friend on our team and a few of the girls said they wanted to lick the bowl, too!!  HA!!  It really is THAT good!!!!!

PS:  Please forgive my lack of “frosting” skills.  I was icing cupcakes at midnight and had been up since 5 a.m., so I was doin’ good just to get the icing ON the cupcakes.  Eeeeks.

creamcheesefrosting4

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm...that sounds totally delish and I think I must add this to my list of recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete