Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who Reads The Boxes Anyway?!

I know I can't be  the only one who reads the back of food boxes.  Not so much for the nutritional information, but for recipes.  Every now and then I'll come across something I think sounds amazing and I just HAVE TO try.  When I was shopping at Kroger's the other day, I picked up a lasagna box and found a recipe I thought sounded amazing.  SO, I quickly picked up the ingredients and went home to make one of my new FAVORITE meals. 

Spinach & Mozzarella Lasagna Roll-Ups

1 bag frozen spinach, thawed

2 cups shredded mozzarella

2 eggs

1 tbsp. grated parmesan

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

6 Lasagna noodles

Spaghetti Sauce {I used Classico, Spicy Tomato & Basil}

Preheat oven to 350.  Boil 6 lasagna noodles until al dente.  While your noodles are on the stovetop, mix together spinach, cheeses, eggs, salt, & pepper until well blended.

spinach lasagna1spinach lasagna2 

Spread the spinach mix onto a lasagna noodle…

spinach lasagna3 

And roll it up & place in a baking dish.

spinach lasagna4

Then take your spaghetti sauce…I HIGHLY recommend Classico Spicy Tomato & Basil…

spinach lasagna5

And pour it on top of your roll-ups.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pop in the oven for 30-35 minutes.

spinach lasagna6

I was BEYOND shocked at how YUMMY these were!!!  This is definitely a new staple at our house!  Easy, quick, and unbelievably DELICIOUS!!!!

spinach lasagna7

10 comments:

  1. okay so I am not a lasagna fan, but this looks so pretty yummy...I just added this recipe to my collection.

    Thanks for sharing your great ideas...I love trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum that looks and sounds delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make those with Italian sausage - they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these tonight and they were delicious! Can't wait to have them for lunch tomorrow.

    Don't know if I've commented before, but love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I found your blog from my cousins and love it! I tried this recipe last night and absolutely loved it, keep the recipes coming as I can't wait to try another one from your list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you say a bag of spinach how big do you mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these last night and they were soooo yummy!!! I added a slice of provolone to each roll before adding my sauce and I also added 1 lb cooked ground beef to my sauce and they were delish!!!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely a hit at dinner last night. had a couple people over and made this. i added a small thing of ricotta cheese. night try adding shredded chicken next time. oh so delish

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these last night and my husband and I both loved them!! Super delicious! I was wondering though, what is the point of the eggs in the recipe? My only guess was that it maybe helps keep the cheese/spinach mix held together when you are rolling them.

    ReplyDelete