Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Oldie, But Goodie

I’ve posted about the deliciousness of this dish here & here, but this is one of those recipes that needs to be put out there again!  For a long time, this little ditty was on our weekly menu.  We haven’t had this in a while {for no good reason, really}, but I whipped this up the other night and remembered why I love it SO much!!  I’m definitely adding this back to our weekly menu!!! 

SPINACH PASTA TOSS

1 lb. angel hair pasta {but you could use any kind!}

2 cans diced tomatoes, Italian style {basil, garlic, oregano}

1 pkg. baby spinach

1 lb. Italian sausage, with casing {I used HOT}

2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Grated parmesan cheese, to taste

Remove casing from sausage and brown. 

Okay…I’m including this picture…as not cute as it is…to show you what I mean by Italian sausage with casing.  Let’s just say that a super cute friend of mine {who shall remain nameless} used the breakfast kind of sausage instead of this.  She didn’t think it was very tasty!!  HA!!!

spinachpastatoss1

Drain meat & add spinach and diced tomatoes.

spinachpastatoss7

Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until spinach wilts. 

spinachpastatoss4

Remove from heat and pour on top of cooked pasta.  Stir and add mozzarella cheese.  I usually add about 1 1/2-2 cups and stir until well blended.

spinachpastatoss5

The original recipe called for a mixture of parmesan & mozzarella, but we really love us some mozzarella!!!  We wait to add the parmesan until it’s time to eat and then we just top it off to taste! 

spinachpastatoss8 

Y’all…I promise this is AMAZING!!!!  Before my 2 1/2 year old became the world’s pickiest eater, he LOVED it!  My 11 month old can’t get it in his mouth fast enough!  And Mr. Spouse?!  Well, he eats the leftovers…and he NEVER eats leftovers!!!  Make sure to put this on your menu ASAP!!!

1 comment:

  1. You wrote super, cute friend, but what you really mean is stupid dorky friend. DUH!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this with the right kind of sausage next time. HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete