Friday, December 11, 2009

Weave Some Wonder {Triscuits Anyone?!}

I found this recipe about 3 years ago on the Kraft Foods website.  Y'all.  It's so dang good it's ridiculous.  I lost the recipe and went to search online for it and lo & behold!!  Kraft has HIDDEN it from me!!!!!!  Darn them!!!  Luckily, I found the recipe {tattered and torn} in a HUGE pile of papers and made sure to copy it a million times on different recipe cards so that I never have trouble finding it again.  I promise that this is one appetizer you...and your guests...will LOVE.  Quick...easy...DELICIOUS!!!!!  My favorite ;)

TOASTED 2-CHEESE CONFETTI CRACKERS

1 Family Size box of Triscuits

1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese

1/2 cup Miracle Whip Dressing or Real Mayonnaise {I use mayo!!}

1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped

3 tbsp. chopped red pepper

triscuits

Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT for Triscuits.  Take a teaspoon of the mixture and place on top of the Triscuits.  Place the flavorful topped Triscuits into the oven & broil for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly.  WARNING:  Watch these suckers carefully because they'll burn QUICKLY!  One year I made these and forgot all about 'em as my guests started to arrive.  Y'all...smoke started billowing out of my oven!  They were SCORCHED!!!!!!!  Seriously...they cook fast so keep an eye on 'em!! 

triscuits2

I ALWAYS get compliments on this recipe and people are always asking for it!!!!  You definitely wanna have these on hand at your next get together!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cara, I am dying! I just made this for a Christmas party tonight and they were a hit! Probably my favorite appetizer EVER! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious!! But, I guess I have a dumb question... why are they called "two cheese"??? I only see One cheese. Am I missing something?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a similar recipe that called for Parmesan cheese mixed in with the mayo. That could be the answer to the "two cheese"

      Delete
  3. I just made these for new years and they were awesome (and super easy). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete