Friday, December 11, 2009

TOO Fantastically Tasty Not To Make!

I don't know about y'all, but I could eat some type of pasta for EVERY meal.  I absolutely LOVE pasta salad.  It's the perfect side dish for almost anything and it's even great to have on it's own!!  I love it when Adam's mom makes it...for some reason hers always tastes better than I can make it!!!  This is my version of my mother-in-law's yummy recipe…

TRI-COLORED PASTA SALAD

1 box Tri-Colored Rotini  {I use Barilla because I love the box!}

1 1/2 cups Italian Salad Dressing {I use Wish-Bone..I think it's the best!}

1/2 red onion, chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1 cup cheddar cheese, chopped

1/2 – 1 whole cucumber, peeled & chopped

1 tomato, chopped {optional}

Chopped black olives {optional}

1 tub shredded parmesan cheese {I use the Frigo brand}

McCormick's Salad Supreme Seasoning, to taste

pastasalad

Make the rotini according to the package & chop all your veggies & cheese in the meantime.  When the rotini is finished, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add in peppers, cheddar cheese, onion & the optional ingredients {if you like}.  Add the dressing to coat...mix well.  Now add the shredded parmesan and mix well.  Finally, pour in your salad supreme seasoning.  I wish I could tell ya how much to use, but I just eyeball it.  This little seasoning SERIOUSLY makes the salad!!!!  My mom introduced this to me years ago and I can't have pasta salad without it!!!!! 

pastasalad2

No comments:

Post a Comment