Friday, December 11, 2009

Say Cheese! {& Sausage & Chili}

 

This might be one of my FAVORITE queso recipes.  Seriously.  My Dad made this for us when he came up to visit and I haven't stopped thinkin' about it since.  I put one of those handy little Crock Pot liners in my crock pot {for easy clean-up because queso makes a MESS} and let it cook itself.

DOUBLE MEAT QUESO

2 lbs. Velveeta

1 can of Chili with NO beans {I use Wolf Brand}

1 can of HOT Rotel

1 can of MILD Rotel

1 lb. Jimmy Dean HOT sausage

Brown sausage and drain. Cube the velveeta so that it cooks faster & evenly.  Add sausage, velveeta, rotel & chili to the crock pot and cook on HIGH until the majority of the ingredients have blended & melted together.  Stir often so you don't get that icky queso film on top!!  Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment