Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Salmon & Asparagus

Our weeknight dinners have been pretty sparse the last few weeks.  Between Mr. Spouse being in the playoffs and after school obligations with the kids, cooking from a "recipe" just didn't seem very appealing.  We try to eat as clean as possible, so I try to steer away from adding too many processed ingredients to our weekly meals. That's not to say I don't cook those types of meal from time to time, but for the most part we try to keep it pretty simple these days.  When we go out to eat, well that's a whole different story ;) 

 Lean meats, fish, veggies, and fruits are usually what fill my shopping cart. Typically our weeknights have been going something like this... Steaks and veggies, Fish and veggies, Turkey Taco Salads, and Chicken & veggies.  NOT very adventurous lately!!  I love finding new ways to cook my staples, so when I found this Salmon recipe I had to try it immediately!!!  Start to finish, a total of maybe 20-25 minutes?!?!  And the best part?!  It's an all-in-one-pan kind of meal!!!

CAJUN SALMON & ASPARAGUS

1 salmon fillet
2 tsp. cajun/creole seasonings (I used Tony Chachere's)
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 lemon, zested & juiced
3 Tbsp. olive oil

Mix together all seasonings in a small bowl.  For the cajun seasoning, my most favorite is Tony Chachere's.  We seriously put it on everything!  Such great flavor!  


Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place the salmon on top.  Brush the olive oil over both sides of the salmon and cover with the spice mixture.  Now zest the lemon and sprinkle over the top of the seasoning and squeeze with lemon juice as well.



Arrange your asparagus next to the salmon and slightly drizzle with a little olive oil. You can either season with sea salt & pepper or sprinkle with a little bit of that cajun seasoning.  We opted for a mixture of both.


Bake at 475 for 10-12 minutes & remove salmon from the pan if cooked. I cooked my asparagus for another 5-7 minutes (texture issues) and that was that!!!!  


I can't tell you how amazing this was!!!!

It's already on the menu (again) for tomorrow night's meal :)  If you like salmon, you'll LOVE this one!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! My step-dad really likes to smoke salmon outside on a cedar plank. You just gave me the best father's day idea!!

    ReplyDelete