Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Make You Banana Pancakes, Pretend Like It's The Weekend

I don't know about y'all, but I'm a huge fan of Jack Johnson.  There's just something about his music that makes me want to live seaside and spend my life relaxing on a hammock.  I adore his voice. And just like it would be impossible to choose a favorite child, the same sentiment goes for choosing a favorite song of his...I just can't do it!  I love them all so much!  I swear this post isn't about Jack Johnson and his music, but I do want to throw this out there for your listening pleasure...


Banana Pancakes...such a great song!  

And it also happens to be one of my most favorite breakfast dishes :)  
And every time I whip up a batch of these flapjacks, this song always comes to mind.  Banana Pancakes on repeat...both the song AND the dish....on repeat ALL DAY LONG :)

BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES
recipe  slightly altered via  FIXATE cookbook, by Autumn Calabrese

1 C. almond milk (sweetened, unsweetened, or vanilla flavored...I used unsweetened)
2 eggs
1 banana
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 C. cooking oats (I use the old fashioned Quaker cooking oats)

Optional toppings:  fresh berries, banana slices, maple syrup, nut butter, fresh whipped cream, etc.


Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until well blended and smooth.

Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.  

Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet.  Cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until pancake is set.

Repeat as many times...or pancakes...as needed!


I personally like a lighter breakfast when I choose to eat three square meals a day, so I typically top mine with fresh fruit like raspberries and blueberries, but you can drown yours in syrup if you prefer ;)  I know that's my personal preference, but my expanding waistline begs me to resist.  

I can't begin to tell you how much I love these!!  This quickly became a favorite breakfast for me AND my family.  Shocking, I know!  But y'all...they're so good!   I typically have unsweetened almond milk on hand, but these would be AMAZING with vanilla flavored almond milk as well.  Or go crazy and add the vanilla almond/coconut milk instead.  YUM.  

The longer the batter sits, the thicker the consistency will become, so you may need to add a couple of teaspoons of almond milk to the batter if you don't plan on cooking an entire batch right away :)  

Now go make yourself some banana pancakes and don't forget to listen to Jack Johnson while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment