Monday, August 31, 2015

What's On My Menu Monday

Happy Monday!  

We were having a wonderfully relaxing weekend until my oldest got hurt.  He was swimming with some friends and one of his buddies accidentally jumped on him in the water pushing Landon into the side of the pool.  His head knocked into the side of the pool giving him a pretty good gash.  I honestly don't know what it looks like because I almost passed out.  I am SO grateful to have our very own athletic trainer in house who sees injuries like this..and WAY worse...on the daily. Mr. Spouse took care of everything and made the decision to forego stitches/staples.  He cleaned and bandaged it all up and Landon is on the mend. Praise Jesus!



He said he was going to tell everyone at school that he has a head injury.  Made me laugh out loud. 
We spent the rest of the weekend laying low and headed to my parents house on Sunday for our weekly family Sunday Funday.  I adore my family to pieces.  



I dropped off the boys with a quickness this morning so I could head to the grocery store and grab a few cartons of this frozen gold.  I haven't eaten ice cream since Blue Bell stopped producing back in the spring.  I mean everything else just pales in comparison.  I know my Texas friends can attest to that sentiment, right?!   I consider myself lucky because I grabbed these two before they sold out!  Woo hoo!!!  



Now that we're gearing up for another week ahead and I'm back into my routine, I decided to keep myself on track with meal planning.  It's the easiest, most effective way for me to stay on track when buying groceries.  There's just something about the summer that doesn't lend itself to staying organized in the kitchen.  Lots of fast meals, hot dogs, and take out :)  Needless to say, Mr. Spouse couldn't be more excited for the return of home cooked meals.  If I'm being honest, I couldn't be more excited either :)  





Tuesday:  Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Potato Buns and Red Pepper Broccoli  (these are absolutely AMAZING!!!!!)






Thursday:  Chicken Fajita Pita with Sauteed Garlic, Onion, & Green Pepper

Friday:  Friday Night Lights Football (we're eating out before the game)

Saturday:  Crawfish Po-Boys  (we're having a party & this is my contribution ;))

Sunday:  Grandma's Gumbo (it's a Labor Day weekend tradition)


6 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Bluebell! The store I go to didn't have any out yet when we went this morning. Going to try again tomorrow!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at HEB yesterday morning at 7:00 buying Blue Bell. The news was there! It was crazy. I went back to HEB after work for my real grocery store trip and the shelves were empty. What can I say? The crazy bird gets the worm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard HEB was a madhouse!!! They showed some kid on the news crying at HEB because he couldn't get his Blue Bell, lol!!! Hahaha!!! Not crazy....SMART!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi- two questions. What is the story about Blue Bell ice cream? I am from NY and have no idea! I am a big fan of both of your blogs. I started to follow you when I was teaching kindergarten, but moved to 5th grade 3 years ago. Are you still teaching in a classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hubs and I went and found a pint of every flavor last night! It took 4 stores but we did it! We won't eat any other kind!

    ReplyDelete