Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What the Teacher Wore Wednesday

I feel like I'm saying this a bit too often these days, but excuse the random spurts of radio silence here on this little ol' blog.  Life will resume back to normal (as it can be) after this weekend.  I've been planning and prepping for a PD I'm set to present in OK on Thursday.  It has consumed every waking minute of my life for the last week!!!  Except for today.  Today we celebrated our Kindergarten graduate...


Yes.  Kindergarten graduation is still a thing.  And speaking from the perspective of a Kindergaten teacher, I absolutely LOVE it.  I know some people think this old tradition is ridiculous and unnecessary, but I loved every single minute of it.  Just reminds me how precious this time is and how quickly it's fleeting.  Can I please keep him little forever!? #wishfulthinking

Now let's move on to this week's What I Wore Wednesday, shall we?!  I'm linking up again with The Pleated Poppy :)

Went out to dinner with one of my dear friends in this outfit.  There's nothing I love more than a much needed girls night with good friends...and queso...and strawberry margaritas :)  I found this top on IG (Flaunt Boutique) and had to snag it when I saw it.  I love these types of tops...SO forgiving.  Perfect for those Mexican food....and margarita... indulgences :)  And goodness I love the style!!!

Jeans:  Jessica Simpson



I absolutely ADORE The Teacher Diva.  Last year she posted a pic of herself in this darling maxi  and I was smitten.  I followed her link to the boutique where she bought the dress and ended up finding this romper. I was SOLD!!!  Hook, line, and sinker.  I love a cute romper...especially one that covers up the saddlebags (which this one does quite nicely).  I paired this with my favorite (new-to-me) sandals.  My BFF had these on with a romper a few weeks ago and she looked adorable.  I was kicking myself for not having bought these sandals last season.  I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to find them again.  Lo and behold, I walked into DSW a couple of weeks ago and saw my size sitting on the clearance racks.  SOLD!!!!  I love copying my cute friends ;)


Romper: Bought it last May from Catch Bliss Boutique. (THIS ONE is a dressier version; absolutely LOVE this romper )
Jewelry  Necklace - Sam Moon (But THIS ONE is similar)


I originally bought this dress thinking it would be perfect for church.  As you can see, it's a bit too short for the sanctuary (it dips pretty low in the back as well).   My bad. That's one downfall to buying online.  It's been sitting in my closet ever since and I was finally able to pull it out to wear to my dear friend's sip & see.  I absolutely adore this little dress!!!  Just not for church ;)


Dress: Forever 21


I bought this top last summer right before our trip to the Bahamas.  I love it and am so excited the weather is nice enough to start wearing it again.  Mr. Spouse and I dropped the boys off with Mimi & Grandpat and headed to PF Changs for a little date night on Saturday.  It had been at least 3 years since we've had our favorite lettuce wraps and let me tell you it did not disappoint.  We ended up at the movie theater after our dinner and had every intention of seeing The Avengers.  It was sold out (of course) and so was our 2nd pick...Pitch Perfect 2.  (Okay...that was MY 2nd pick.  My husband had NO desire to see it whatsoever).  We ended up reluctantly buying tickets for the next available movie...Get Hard (with Kevin Hart & Will Ferrell).  Dumb humor might be our favorite because Lawd...we were laughing pretty hard through most of it!  We didn't expect that at all!!!  


Top:  Forever 21, last year


I went to church in my MOOOOO top  and it was the worst wardrobe choice I could've made that day.  It ended up raining buckets and I thought it would be no big deal to run to my car after mass as the rain poured down. Oh how wrong I was.  I was SOAKED!!!  And this sheer little top was completely transparent.  However, it did dry rather quickly once we got to lunch.  Score. I absolutely love the style of this top, but everytime I wear it (which is very seldom) I picture myself looking something like my bovine kin.  Dangit.  #fashionfail


Top:  Francesca's, 3 years ago



Okay, so every now and then I love a good Wal Mart find.  From jewelry to clothes, sometimes they really have it goin' on!  Scoff if you will.  I found these pants for all of $4 a few years ago and bought them for the simple fact that they were so cheap!  I mean, what did I have to lose?!  They've held up shockingly well and I ended up just loving them.  How could I not with that price tag?!  


Top:  Old Navy, 2 years ago
Pants:  Wal Mart!!!!!  4-5 years ago

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

6 comments:

  1. All such cute finds! I'm a huge fan of Kendra's jewelry, and your style is exactly what I like to wear too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love all of your outfits! Too Cute! And congrats to your son on his kindergarten graduation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style and that you shop at ON, Target and F21. You always find the cutest stuff! Wish all the items you post were still available:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they were available, too!! As you can see, I'm usually a season behind everyone else :) I always seem to get everything right as it's on it's way out of the stores for good! And those places are my favorite to shop, for sure!!!

      Delete