Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What the Teacher Wore Wednesday

I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy again today for What I Wore Wednesday.  This was a bit of a crazy week.  I was out of town for a couple of days and then my little bit was a lot sick. 

I love when the weather lends itself to wearing sleeveless shirts and maxi dresses.  I pretty much love any kind of maxi dress, but I'm pretty sure this is the one that started my obsession.  I remember finding it for a steal at Forever 21 right after I had Grant about 5 years ago.  It's just so easy to throw on a dress and some jewelry and call it a day...and so comfy, too!!



Dress: Forever 21 about 5 years ago (THIS IS A CUTE ONE at Old Navy;  HERE is a similar one in different colors;  THIS ONE is cute, but there's only 1 left!;  THIS ONE is super inexpensive...and cute, too!)
Jewelry:  Necklace - Sam Moon 

I was headed to Round Top with the girls on Thursday and comfy was the name of the game.  We were going to be walking around shopping...outside..all day, so I dressed for comfort.  Hands down, this is the most comfortable top I own.  I found it at the end of summer on the Target clearance rack for a whopping $4!!!  I should've bought 10 of them...hahaha.  I was in San Marcos for a conference in January and had to run by Target to pick up a few things I forgot at home.  I was perusing the shoe aisle and found these leopard print slip-ons for $7!!!  SEVEN DOLLARS, people!!!!!  They're half a size too big, but for $7 I couldn't pass 'em up :)  They fit pretty darn well though and I wear them almost as much as I wear my Converse slip-ons.


Shirt:  Target, last year (THIS kind of looks like the same one;  THIS ONE is also similar; love THIS ONE
Shoes:  Target 
Jewelry:  Bracelet - Tory Burch Wrap;  Watch - Nixon Timeteller;  Necklace - Kendra Scott Elisa Gold Pendant Drusy 

I lost a couple of days because I was out of town, so let's fast forward to Easter Sunday.  I wore this dress to church and it's definitely one of my favorites.  I don't care if it's in style or not. I love the bright colors and the fact that it still fits after 6 years.  I'll attribute that fact to the elastic and flowy nature of the fabric. This pink crop sweater was one of my first "big working girl" purchases I bought when I was student teaching.  I can't believe I've held onto it this long, but it still looks brand new!  I only wear it with this dress...so random!


Dress:  Forever 21, about 6 years ago!
Crop Sweater:  Express, 13-14 years ago!!!
Jewelry :  Earrings - Francesca's, about 3 years ago;  Necklace & Bracelets - Sam Moon

We got home from church and it was a little chilly outside, so I changed into this.  Plus, I knew I'd have a food baby, so I needed something forgiving :)    I was pumped to find the top during our shopping excursion in Round Top...for $16!!!  It's so spring-y!!!  I was in those shoes for all of about an hour before I changed to flats.  There was no way I could win the confetti egg war in wedges :)  



Top:  bought it in Round Top last week and can't remember the name of the boutiqe!!!!  BOO!!!
Shoes:  Calvin Klein Nikole Wedge in Camel, from DSW (looks like DSW is sold out, but I found them in black at 6pm)
Necklace: Sam Moon;  Earrings - Round Top

Okay.  Let me just tell you that I'm 100% OBSESSED with my new purse.  OBSESSED!!!  FRINGE!!!  AAAAHHHHH!!!!  This was my favorite purchase at Round Top!  I really went back and forth about it because I'm cheap and I don't always like to spend money on things, but dang.  I couldn't pass it up.  And I'm a little obsessed with my chambray popover, too.  Thank you, Target!  I've looked everywhere for a cute, comfy chambray popover and finally...Target for the win!  Right next to my Steve Madden Comma sandals, these leopard print sandals are my favorite.  I have worn them to pieces.  The soles are in terrible shape and they're a bit discolored.  They were only $20 (from Agaci) and I should've bought another pair while they still had them.  I love them so!!!!


Sandals:  Agaci, 3 years ago
Jewelry:  Necklace - Sam Moon;  Earrings - Round Top
Purse:  Two Bar West

I was riding the bus down struggle street with a sick kid at home and vomit...yes, VOMIT...all over the backseat of my car yesterday.  So I had to throw on the first thing I saw so that we could take the car into be cleaned and detailed.  There was NO way I could possibly get it all by myself.  I mean, I made a good attempt and cleaned as best as I could, but shoo.  I swear it was like a scene from The Exorcist back there.  Nothing worse than a sick baby!!!!  I waited 'til we were back at home and little bit was napping before I could snap a pic. Yikes..I look a little scary. PS: I think I'm obsessed with this necklace, too. 3 days in a row!  HA!


Top:  Gap, last year
Sandals:  Agaci, 3 years ago
Jewelry:  Watch - Nixon Timeteller;  Tory Burch Studded Wrap;  Necklace - Sam Moon

13 comments:

  1. Such cuteness overall! I love that chambray shirt look and that striped maxi dress the most! So much pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm DYING over your green pants! You've got the spring look down to a science!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.LOVE.IT.ALL!!

    Especially those leopard slip ons! And I love that you included links to similar things if the item was already sold out! I hope you keep doing these! I love them!

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your style, as always. I adore that blue floral top you wore on Easter- so feminine and pretty! In the white jeans, do they fit true to size? They look great and I have been wanting a pair, but not sure how they will run!? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! For me, the white jeans definitely fit true to size...maybe even a *little* loose in the waist...but not enough to size down. Does that even make sense?! HA!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I've been following your blogs for years now and I've always loved your style. I am so glad you started doing these posts! They're my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to link up with the Pleated Poppy years ago, and I'm glad she's still going with WIWW!

    Thanks for "keeping it real"...so many who link up there are only wearing the latest trends. I'm one to rock things from a few years back as well.

    Great ideas, Cara!
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so stinkin" cute! That is all! Just dang cute!! And that necklace!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was trying to pick a favorite...I kept changing my mind. :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete