Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What the Teacher Wore Wednesday


This is a rather short post because I was out of town for a few days and didn't document any of my outfits while I was out of town.  In looking at the very few pics I took this week, I realize I have an identity crisis when it comes to clothing.  I don't have a "style"...I like it all!!!   
Some days I feel a little boho.  Some days I wanna be a cowgirl.  Some days the "preppy" look makes my heart sing.  Some days casual calls my name.  I seriously like it ALL. 

I absolutely LOVE this little top.  It's one of my most favorites.  I love anything that's flowy.  My husband, on the other hand, doesnt like these kind of shirts at all.  Bless.  I always like to pair a bigger/flowy top with skinny jeans and I think this will be super cute with jean shorts and either boots or gladiator(ish) sandals in the summer!  The only thing that bugs about this top is that it wrinkles so easily.  I wore this on my flight to Nashville and by the time I arrived in Tennessee, it looked like I had slept in this shirt overnight :)  But dang...it's so cute!  I've been wanting a pair of fringe sandals, but wasn't ready to make the commitment.  So many of them are full of fringe.  This is the perfect pair for anyone who's teetering or non-commital like me :)  For $20, they're worth every penny and super cute to boot.  I've been wearing them almost non-stop!!!


Shirt: I got it at a boutique online back in January, but can't remember which one!!! HERE'S ONE that's kind of similar
Jewelry:  Bracelet - I got mine at a little boutique last May, but THIS ONE is similar (pictured above);   Kendra Scott Rayne Tassel Necklace

Here's another little dress in my dress collection and this one couldn't be more comfy.  I like that I can dress it up with wedges and pops of color with my jewelry if I want.  This is definitely a stretchy t-shirt kind of outfit, so it absolutely lends itself to dressing down while still looking somewhat put together!  I just threw on some sandals and a simple necklace and while it wasn't fancy, I still felt semi decent.


Dress:  Old Navy (last month, but I'm not seeing it online??  THESE are the same style, but the black and white stripe isn't an option); THIS ONE is very similar;  I absolutely ADORE this one!!!;  This isn't black and white, but THIS IS ANOTHER Old Navy stripe dress...cute!

I adore this top and couldn't resist it when I found it.  Right under $20, it's the perfect little pop of fun I'm sure I'll be wearing more often than not in the hot months to come!  I have some different colored shorts I'd love to pair this with to change it up.  These coral jeans need to be retired.  They're a bit faded and don't fit quite as well as they used to, but they sure are fun.  And y'all....these sandals.  I got these at Target (online) and love them.  I usually wear a 6.5 so that's what I ordered, but they're a little big.  I want the cognac pair and if I get them, I'll probably order a 6.  They are SO dang comfy!!!!


Shirt:  Tribal Print Tank, Forever 21 (it's all sold out!!!)
Jeans:  Target, about 4-5 years ago

That's about it!

Now, I didn't wear this outfit out yet, but I had to take a pic because I'm trying to figure out if I like it or not.  I bought this dress back in January because I knew I'd wear the pieces out of in during the summer.  I love the way the model paired it with a kimono, so I've been on the search for one I thought would pair nicely.  I eventually settled on this one because I figure I can wear it with a lot of different outfits.  The dress is longer in the back than in the front and the kimono is the same length.  I will wear boots with just about ANYTHING and I do love the dress with the boots.  These are my favorite pair and just worn to pieces.  I know all the cowboy-boot-hating Texans are rolling their eyes right about now...this is not representative of how people dress in Texas all the time.  However, it's how I like to dress.  Bring on the boots!!!!   But seriously....the dress and the kimono.  Yes??  No??  





Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

15 comments:

  1. The boots are adorable! I say go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits! The first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the veronique sandals in cognac last week and I'm already OBSESSED. They are so stinkin' comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...you're pushing me in that direction!! I absolutely LOVE those sandals!!!!

      Delete
  4. I have that first blouse! I got it at a boutique too :) Love the coral pants, super fun! And the dress/kimono combo with the boots are FAB. I was a boot-hating Texan until just recently when I HAD to purchase a pair for an outdoor wedding in a pasture.... #nochiggerbitesforme. It looks SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I have to know...do you love your boots now?!?! Are you a believer?!? And those chiggers aren't a joke!!! HA!!!!

      Delete
  5. I say a big YES! to the dress, kimono, AND boots! :o)

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking yes, too! I clearly need someone to hold my hand when I get dressed!! HA!

      Delete
  6. I think the outfit looks adorable! But, seriously, you could put on a blanket, and still look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, but you're crazy, girl!!!! Love ya!!

      Delete
  7. I love reading your blog. I am a teacher and have been reading for some time. I love what the teacher wore.

    ReplyDelete