Monday, April 13, 2015

Let's Get Poppin'

Happy Monday!

We're currently in recovery mode from a weekend full of family fun and way too much food!!!  I absolutely LOVE when Adam's family comes to visit.  The boys are always beside themselves.  The only problem is that they never stay long enough.  The visit goes by in the blink of an eye.  Let me just say we're way too far from Indiana.  We cherish these family visits and wish we were able to spend more time together more often.  The time we did spend together this past weekend was just perfect.  

As I said before, it was filled with lots of food....


A new Mexican restaurant and some DQ for dessert!  YUM!!!



But more importantly, lots of family time!!!  We can never get enough of that!!!  


An unxpected visit to the San Jacinto Monument after lunch.  The boys got a little history lesson (and they weren't impressed.  But they did enjoy chasing each other around the battleground).

Grandma helped the boys build this little gem and Landon excitedly named it.  Kid writing is my FAVORITE!!!!  Oh, to be 7 years old again!!!!  



Before our family arrived on Friday, Mr. Spouse put his handiwork to good use and hung these letters in our little outdoor seating area by the pool.  Kind of loving that galvanized tin!!!  And just in time for the weekend :)  



I love it when family comes to visit because I really do love to host.  I get to cook for more than just myself and my boys and that's always fun.  I made these delicious enchiladas on Friday night and subbed the shrimp for rotisserie chicken instead.  HELLO!!!!  SO good!!!  And there were no leftovers, so I considered that a good sign!



We also snacked on our new favorite dip all weekend long.  I served this on Easter Sunday as well and there wasn't a bite left in the dish halfway through the day.  It's so creamy and sinfully delicious.  If you're hosting guests or need a dip to take to a party, this is a must try!!!!  It's got a little bit of a kick, but nothing too outrageous.  Just the perfect amount!  Did I mention it's delicious?!  Just don't expect any leftovers!!!!


JALAPENO POPPER DIP

2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 (8 oz.) can of chopped green chiles
1 (4 oz.) can of diced jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup of shredded colby & monterry jack cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup - 1 cup of panko bread crumbs

This dip really couldn't be any easier to prep and bake!



In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo, green chiles & jalapeno peppers.  The original recipe calls for less chiles and jalapeno peppers, but after reading through the reviews and comments, I decided to add the full amount in each can.  SO glad I did!!  

Fold in the shredded cheese and grated parmesan.  (I switched this up too from the original recipe)  Mix until well combined.  Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes.

Serve with pretzel thins, Ritz crackers, wheat thins, or tortilla chips.  We LOVE this with the El Milagro brand tortilla chips!!  SO delicious!!!  

As if I didn't get enough of this dip this past weekend, I'll be taking it to bible study tonight, too!  We're starting this one tonight and I'm SO excited.  This has been on my list for quite some time!  God's word, fellowship, and food!  These are a few of my favorite things ;)



5 comments:

  1. Definitely making that dip sooooon. I love a good dip recipe that is easy to whip up when company comes! That Bible study book looks fantastic- I will have to look into that one. Where at in Indiana are your in-laws located? We are just about 4 hours from Indiana! So glad you had a great weekend!
    PS- the SWIM letters look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you!!! My in-laws are in a little town called Decatur...about 45 minutes from Fort Wayne. Really close to Ohio! We drive to Indiana for a 2-week road trip/visit every summer. I LOVE it up there!!!!

      Delete
  2. "The Fort of Awesomeness." I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone I knew made this before and I never got the recipe but I didn't even realize it until I put it in my mouth that it was pretty much the same one!! The dip I had before had shredded chicken in it which was just as delicious. This dip is amazinggggg !!

    ReplyDelete