Monday, September 15, 2014

Gallery Walls

Today's little post is all about gallery walls.  Are you a fan?!  I am.  I love them.  I'd decorate every spare wall space in the house with them if I didn't think it was absolute overkill.  When I saw that Kelly was featuring gallery walls in her most recent Show Us Your Life, I decided this would be a fun little time to show you mine!  

If you read my "About Me" section of this little blog, you'll read that I'm fully aware I don't have much of a personal style when it comes to decorating. If I like it and I think it looks good, I'll decorate with it.  I'm typically not intentional when it comes to decorating.  I don't create "inspiration boards" or spend months poring over fabrics and paint swatches.  

However, I totally should.  Those are pretty flippin' awesome.  I'm just a little too lazy and impulsive.

I should spend time picking things out.  I should be more intentional.  Not because that's what I'm supposed to do, but because I waste too much money when I don't.  The problem is that my taste in decor, patterns, and colors changes when the wind blows.  Constantly. #firstworldproblems.  What I like one year I'll probably detest the next.  This is why I try to stay away from things that are too trendy.  Plus, I'm not really a super trendy person.  At all.  One step into my house and you'd see exactly what I'm talking about.

All that to be said, I really do love my little home.  I love the cozy feel.  I love the absolute randomness that is my decor.  I love the hot mess that it is.  It is busy.  And cluttered.  And it wreaks havoc on my ADD, but I love it.

When we first moved in, the walls were bare {thank you, Captain Obvious}.  I offered to host a baby shower for my sister about 2 months after we moved in and knew this little place had to be {somewhat} presentable.  Fast forward to the night before the shower.  That's when I decided to decorate.  What a shocker that I'd wait til the very last minute.  This little wall went up at about 3 a.m.  And I SO want to change it every single day that I look at it.  It's a bit dark and I'd really like to lighten things up, but I'm sticking with it until I can figure out what the heck to put in it's place {another gallery wall, I'm sure}.


If you look carefully, you can see a little chip in that medallion on the left side of the wall.  My boys like to play ball in the house.  I should say they LIKED to play ball in the house.  Until a few of my things broke.  We had to tap the brakes on indoor ball play.  There's way too many balls in this place as it is anyway :)

Did I fix it?!  No.  Just put it right back up. Lazy, I know.  Let's just call it a conversation starter, shall we?!

               


This is a little gallery wall in the hallway between the boys room and the guest room.  I threw this one up a couple of hours before our out of town family came to visit.  Nothing like an overnight visit/party/shower/dinner to get you decorating!!!  I need to change out the pictures, but overall, I really love the way these frames fill this little space.  I found these frames at Michael's a few years ago and they were marked down an insane amount.  They were a little dinged up, but a bit of elbow grease and paint fixed 'em right up.  The total cost for this wall was a whopping $30!!!




I just put this one up a couple of weeks ago.  I randomly found these frames at Michael's for about 75% off and had to snag them because they were cheap and they matched my curtains perfectly!  I wanted to add a little bit more color in that space, too. I found the framed tin at Hobby Lobby {half off} as well as the sign in the middle of the wall.  The lamps were a fun Kirkland's find.  The pressed tin tray was from Southern Living back in the day and the little pots with the boxwoods {& the boxwoods} were all from Ikea.



Like I said, it's not all perfectly styled.  It's not trendy.  But it's all me.  Scattered and random and {for the meantime} I really do love it all :)







10 comments:

  1. I love gallery walls! I did a whole "how to" on my blog the other week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I'm headed over to take a look right now!!! Thanks, Jenn!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks beautiful. We are in the process of building and I can't want to start my own gallery wall.. or walls. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sydney!!! I can't wait to see yours :)

      Delete
  3. Love this!! I am just now starting to get things up on the walls of our house (that we moved into in November...) and I think a Gallery wall would be perfect in the dining room!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to add some gallery walls to our space, but I'm afraid I'd never get them just right. Eventually I will try it out! Yours look great! The last one is my favorite. I'm also a huge fan of boxwoods! Love incorporating those into decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really need to get something up and you've given me some inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming over from Kelly's Korner. I love your gallery wall. I especially like the way you added the accent pieces. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever done a home tour? You really should. Your house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete