Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Snickerdoodle Obsession {Take 2}

I have an impossible-to-cure snickerdoodle obsession.  In all honesty, I’m a sucker for anything involving copious amounts of cinnamon and sugar, but I digress.  A few months ago, I introduced myself to snickerdoodle muffins.  I’m STILL salivating over that batch…and the 5 more that followed.  I went ahead and took my obsession to a whole new level with this little number.  I didn’t think that was possible, but ohmiword….I was wrong.  Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to the snickerdoodle blondie…

 

SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES

recipe via My Own Sweet Thyme

2 & 2/3 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

2 cups packed brown sugar

1 cup butter, at room temperature

2 eggs, at room temperature

1 tbsp. vanilla

2 tbsp. white sugar

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

 

I can pretty much *almost* guarantee that you already have these staples in your pantry.

snickerdoodleblondies1

Was I right?!  Or do you need to make a trip to the grocery store?  Or am I just one blondie away from diabetic shock?!  Anywho…

First thing’s first.  Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk together.

snickerdoodleblondies2

In a separate bowl, toss in the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.  Treat yourself to a little taste if you’re into sugar comas like that.

snickerdoodleblondies3  snickerdoodleblondies4

Now gradually add the flour and mix until well combined.

snickerdoodleblondies5

The batter will be pretty thick and OH so tasty.  Trust me.  Evenly spread it on the bottom of a greased, 13x9 baking dish.

snickerdoodleblondies6

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well.  Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of the batter.  Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes {or until the surface bounces back when lightly pressed}.

snickerdoodleblondies7

While the blondies are still warm, cut them into little squares and let ‘em cool on a wire rack.  If you’re anything like me, they won’t make it to the rack.  They’ll be on a plate in no time and washed down with a cold glass of milk…or coffee…in no time flat.

snickerdoodleblondies9

Seriously people…GET.THESE.IN.YOUR.BELLY!!!!  Like, NOW!!!!  These were insanely amazing…and SO easy, too!!!  Like I said before, I’m a sucker for anything that involves cinnamon and sugar, but these….well, these take the cake {er….BLONDIE!!!!} YUM!

snickerdoodleblondies8

12 comments:

  1. I have got to try these!!! Snickerdoodles are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made...yummy!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Love me some snickerdoodles!!! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bars turned out awesome, the family loved them. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG My husband is going to bother me until I make these! I better not tell him until I'm ready to make them! The snickerdoodle muffin recipe is a hit at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Just made these tonight and they are fabulous!!! Snicker doodle are my husband favorite and he loved them as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and recipes!!! I may have to try these to take on our little anniversary getaway this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look sooooo good! I've tried several snickerdoodle recipes floating around on Pinterest...this one's next ;) Very random question, but what font did you use for the "snickerdoodle" title in the last picture--I want to use that font on my Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think there is a better combo than sugar, cinnamon, sugar, and butter. Hello delicious, goodbye entire pan of Snickerdoodle blondies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the internet is an amazing place indeed. I was just watching House Hunters and caught your episode (I think that was you! I recognize the backsplash tile! Was that you!?) . I scroll down and what do I see? One of my orignal recipes! This recipe sure has made it's way around the web! I have a few variations of this basic one including a pumpkin version and a new one that involves using left over Halloween candy. I'd love it if you left me a comment if you try any of the variations!

    I love your blog and am glad I found you via, of all things, my TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. joy to read, I came across this site ages ago but I've only just decided to stop back and have a read of your articles. http://fullfashioninfo.com/

    ReplyDelete