Wednesday, September 28, 2011

George Foreman Approved.

Raise your hand if you owned a George Foreman grill in college {me! me! me!}  Alright, now raise your hand if you still own said grill {ummmm…me?! me?! me!?}  It’s true.  I still own mine.  And I use it ALL the dang time.  I flippin’ LOVE that thing!  I can’t grill to save my life, and I hate waiting for Mr. Spouse to get home so we can fire up the big one, so you’d better believe that my mini grill…aka: my “Foreman”…gets a lot of play in my kitchen.  That’s how I roll.  Here’s one of my FAVORITE Foreman recipes. I first started making this when I was on the South Beach Diet about 6{ish} years ago {a mini high school reunion was coming up} and this was one of my saving grace dishes.  Even though this recipe isn’t George Foreman endorsed, I have a feeling he’d definitely approve!!!!



1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing

2 tsp. crushed red pepper

4 tilapia filets {I use the frozen tilapia :)}

2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips

2 green peppers, sliced into thin strips

2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro {optional.  I didn’t use it!}


This is all you’ll need.


Mix the dressing and red pepper together until well blended.


Cut the peppers into thin slices and toss into a gallon-sized ziplock baggie with the fish filets. 


Now pour the dressing/red pepper combo into the bag of veggies & fish, zip it up, and shake the heck out of it.  I mean, really shake it good!!!


Refrigerate the fish/pepper/dressing combo for about 15-20 minutes, just long enough to marinate.  Now toss the peppers and fish on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes and then turn the fish over.


Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork!  When it’s finally ready…which WON’T take long at.all…transfer to plate and serve with grilled peppers.


You can sprinkle with cheese…and cilantro, too, if that’s your thing.  I actually left out both the cheese and the cilantro and I can honestly say that this is one of my FAVORITE fish dishes!!!  We haven’t had this in a while, but when I made it, Mr. Spouse said, “Why don’t we have this more often?!”  Good question.  If you’re a fan of fish, then you definitely need to add this recipe to your menu!!  It’s light, but filling, and a great addition to your “healthy” cooking choices!! 


  1. We made this tonight and LOVED it! Definitely going on our frequent rotation list. Thanks for sharing!

  2. I'm in school and have a Foreman! I love it/ use it all the time. This looks like a great dinner!

  3. I need you to do a video using your GF! Seriously, i have to be super dumb, bc it NEVER works out for me! So, can you do a little video the next time you use it? maybe even post it? or just it to me. ;) love ya!

  4. I just upgraded my GF grill to a larger one. Got my first one at a PAWS thrift store for $7 and my newer gently used one at a garage sale for $10! I love using it, but had never thought of making fish. Eager to try it out! Is there a reason not to close the grill for this recipe?

    Love your blog and just subscribed this morning!