Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Like It Loaded

I don't know about you, but I'm ALL over any kinda recipe that you can make in one pot/skillet/dish.  Those are my favorite.  Mostly because they're the easiest to clean up, but they taste pretty dang delicious, too!!!  One of my favorite all-in-one meals is this TO.DIE.FOR recipe.  Can't remember where I found it, but I jazzed it up just a bit to give it a little extra oomph and omiword...AMAZING!!!!!

 

LOADED CHICKEN & POTATO SKILLET

3 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed

4-6 strips of bacon, cooked & crumbled

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed

1 tbsp. olive oil

1 small yellow onion, diced

1 red bell pepper, diced

1 green bell pepper, diced

2 cups monterrey jack cheese, shredded

Optional

sour cream

green onions

salt & pepper

cajun seasoning

 

Cook bacon {I prefer baking it...so much easier!!}.  While bacon cooks, peel and cube potatoes. Boil on stovetop and remove from heat when cooked {soft & mushy}.  In a large skillet, cook chicken until brown on both sides and no more pink inside.  Remove from heat & cut into cubes.  In the same skillet, heat olive oil and add onions & peppers.  Mmmmm...smells heavenly right about now. 

potatoskillet1

Add potatoes to the pepper/onion mix and cook for another 3-5 minutes. {This is where I added a few dashes of my favorite cajun seasoning…Tony Chachere’s…because I wanted to add a little kick :)}

potatoskillet2

Add chicken, bacon, and cheese.

potatoskillet3potatoskillet4

Cover the skillet with a lid and remove when cheese is melted.

potatoskillet5

Season with salt and pepper...serve & ENJOY {because you will!!!}

potatoskillet6

I topped mine off with some sour cream and green onions and I might as well have been in heaven.  Every single bite was tastier than the one before.  Y'all...this is so flippin' good.  I only added 2 chicken breasts, but next time I'll add 3-4.  Of course, if you're wanting to eat this as a little side dish, leave out the meat altogether and serve alongside a juicy, medium rare steak instead :)  Put this on the menu soon.  With summer cookouts just around the corner, you'll definitely want to have this recipe in your arsenal!!!

8 comments:

  1. to quote Adam Richman "oh my god, oh my god."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! Making it tonight. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for dinner last night and added some Ro-tel, just for fun :) SO GOOD! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this last night...definitely a keeper! Think I may cook the chicken with some taco seasoning next time. I like the Rotel idea from the previous comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last week for dinner and it was a HUGE hit with my family and there were NO leftovers by the time we went to bed. Heavenly! And I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just saw this on Pinterest. looks delish - dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a place where I live that serves something similar, but as one of those skillet breakfasts.

    They top it with green chiles before the cheese, then scrambled egg whites on top & it is my FAVE breakfast. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete