Monday, April 4, 2011

That Was Easy!

This is one of those recipes that requires the use of the EASY button :)  Honestly it couldn’t have been any easier!!  I originally saw this recipe on my friend, Brittney’s, blog and I’ve had it bookmarked since FOREVER ago.  Mr. Spouse wanted to know why we didn’t try it sooner!!!  HA!!!  I added just a little something extra to give it just a teensy bit more Mexican flavor and we ah-dored the way it turned out!!!  That was EASY!

CROCKPOT SHREDDED BEEF TACOS
2 1/2 lbs. beef roast {chuck roast}
1 onion, chopped
2 cans Rotel
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp. cumin
Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Now, the original recipe called for only 1 can of Rotel and no cumin.  I liked the extra Rotel and the cumin was a last minute addition.  I loved the way it tasted without the cumin, but we wanted something that was a little bit more Mexican-y in flavor.  MY.LAWD!!!!  SO dang good!!  We served it on buttered, grilled dinner rolls {AMAZING}...
 shredded beef tacos1

And inside homemade flour tortillas {thank you, Kroger!!} with a little bit of pico and guacamole.  OMG…TO DIE FOR!!!!
shredded beef tacos2
Definitely a dish we’ll be repeating soon!!  And seriously…what could be easier than the crockpot?!?!  LOVE IT!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I cannot wait to try this one! Yay for crock pot recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a cooking rut so my friend sent me your blog for inspiration...I tried this recipe last night and it was a HUGE hit with my houseful of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this recipe tonight! Loved it! Will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a Pinterest board with all your recipes or is there a way to pin them?

    ReplyDelete