Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spice Up Your Holidays

Every holiday season, Mr. Spouse and I throw an Ugly Sweater Party.  Pretty much our favorite event of the year :)  We cook all the food and we like to have a big variety of munchies.  We typically like to try at least one new recipe and this year we decided on stuffed mushrooms.  I’ve always wanted to try ‘em out and when I found this recipe, I knew this was the PERFECT occasion…and they were such a HIT!!!!

 

SPICY STUFFED MUSHROOMS

1/2 lb. HOT pork sausage {I used Jimmy Dean}

24 large fresh mushrooms {I used the brown mushrooms}

1/2 cup green onions, chopped

1/4 cup garlic, minced

1/4 cup butter

1 cup PANKO bread crumbs

1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded & divided

 

Cook sausage and drain.  Meanwhile remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.  Set caps aside.

stuffmushrooms6

In a large skillet, saute the stems, garlic, & onions in butter for about 4-5 minutes or until tender. 

stuffmushrooms5

Stir in sausage, bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup cheese.

stuffmushrooms3

Now, spoon about 2 tbsp. of the mixture into each mushroom cap.  Place on foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle the tops of the mushrooms with the other half of the shredded jack cheese. stuffmushrooms2

Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until brown and tender.

stuffmushrooms1

Okay…so these look REALLY brown :)  Y’all…take my word for it…they were SO dang good!!!  I seriously didn’t think they’d be this easy…and I always thought that if they were too easy to make, then they wouldn’t be any good.  But clearly, I was WRONG!!!  Serve this at your next party and get all your friends talkin’ about you…in a good way, of course :)

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! I think I am going to try them for Our New Year's party! Thank you so much for posting them.

    ReplyDelete