Thursday, November 11, 2010

Who Likes Being Smothered?!

Me!!  Me!!  Seriously.  I’m not a big fan of chicken.  I mean, I love chicken in salads, casseroles, pasta…but, I’m not always a fan of chicken breast type meals.  However, this one sounded too good to pass up!  And I know Mr. Spouse is a fan of chicken type meals, so I wanted to throw in a little something just for him this week :)  SO glad I did!!
SMOTHERED CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked & chopped
4 slices cheddar cheese
BBQ sauce {I used Rudy’s}
Montreal steak seasoning
Green onion
Honey mustard sauce {1 cup mayo, 1/2 cup dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey}
Sprinkle chicken with montreal seasoning on both sides.  We really LOVE spicy food, so we used the spicy montreal, but you can get it regular too :)
smotheredchicken1smotheredchicken2
Transfer chicken to large skillet and cook on medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side.
smotheredchicken4
Meanwhile, cook bacon & chop.  I totally cheated.  Since I can’t cook bacon to save my life…and I really didn’t feel like trying…I bought the fully cooked kind and just microwaved it until it was crisp :)  A little puny, but still dang good.
smotheredchicken3
After cooking chicken on both sides, keep in skillet and spread a tablespoon of BBQ sauce on each breast & layer with bacon…
smotheredchicken5
Now top with cheddar cheese. 
smotheredchicken6
Cover the skillet with a lid and cook on medium high head for an additional 10-15 minutes.  When it’s ready, remove and top with green onions and serve with the YUMMY honey mustard sauce!
smotheredchicken7
SO good!!  And I’m not a big fan of eating chicken this way, so that says a lot! :)  Mr. Spouse LOVED it and said, “you’re knockin’ it outta the ballpark this week!!”   Ooooh.  I guess that’s a good thing, right?!  I definitely say DO NOT skip on the honey mustard {unless you’re really not a fan}.  And, of course, if you like shortcuts, buying a tasty bottle of honey mustard dressing would do the trick just fine too :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...I have no idea how I found your blog or this recipe, but I made it for dinner tonight and it was delicious!!! It is a new family staple for us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete