Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When The Moon Hits Your Eye

In my opinion, pizza and pasta are two dishes that should be served EVERY week.  Heck, I'd be happy if either/or were served EVERY NIGHT.  When I found this recipe I about fell out because it combines the best of both worlds!  A pizza pasta bake?!  Now that's amore!

Pizza Pasta Toss

1 box penne pasta

1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

2 oz. pepperoni, quartered {I used pre-sliced Armour pepperoni and MUCH more than 2 oz.!  We LOVE pepperoni!!}

2 green peppers, chopped

1 small red onion, chopped

24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce {I used Classico Tomato & Basil...HIGHLY recommend!}

1 cup shredded five cheese italian blend

Cook pasta as directed.  Meanwhile, heat dressing on med high heat in a non-stick skillet.  Add pepperoni, green pepper, & onion.  Cook & stir for about 8 minutes...or until veggies are crisp and tender :) 

pizza pasta toss2pizza pasta toss3 

Add spaghetti sauce & mix well.

pizza pasta toss5pizza pasta toss4 

Simmer for about 5 minutes covered and toss in pasta.  Mix & coat pasta evenly.

pizza pasta toss6

Toss in the 5 cheese blend and stir until nice & gooey :)  Serve & enjoy!!!

pizza pasta toss7

I seriously can't believe how much this tastes like pizza!!  But with the pasta texture!!  Seriously you guys...best of both worlds!!! 

Now, this little number would really be fantastic with any kinda toppings you can think of!  The original recipe called for mushrooms and black olives, but I forgot the mushrooms and we're not huge fans of the black olives :(  Boo.  But it was still amazing!!!  Let me know if you can think of any other toppings that would be delish!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh it sounds and looks great!

    I'm like you I could eat pizza everyday. But my hubby won't so that doesn't happen over here.

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete