Monday, May 10, 2010

Mexican Italian…Or Is It The Other Way Around?!?!

If you can't tell by now, I LOVE PASTA!!!!  I was SO excited to try this recipe because it's a combo of Adam's favorite meal...TACOS...with my favorite...PASTA.  I had NO clue what to expect, but with these two flavors, I figured I couldn't go wrong...and I was RIGHT!!!  This is one of the YUMMIEST pasta dishes we've had in a while!!!!  You can check out the original recipe at Meals @ the Muirs...you might swoon over some of her other dishes, too.  I'm just sayin'.

TACO SPAGHETTI

8 oz. spaghetti, cooked

1 lb. ground turkey

1 {16 oz.} salsa {I used Joe T. Garcia's}

1 {8 oz.} can tomato sauce {I used Hunt's}

1 pkg. taco seasoning {I used McCormick's}

1/4 cup sour cream

2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend

Brown meat and drain.  Not gonna lie...I was a little apprehensive about using ground turkey because I've never had it before?!?!?!  Crazy, I know!!!  But y'all...I LOVE it!!!  WAAAYYYYY more than ground beef, for sure!!!!!  And an added bonus, it's cheaper..and healthier!!

tacospaghetti1

Return meat to pan and add tomato sauce, salsa, and taco seasoning.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer. 

tacospaghetti2

Add cooked spaghetti to the meat mixture and toss in the cheese, too :)  Mix until thoroughly coated. 

tacospaghetti3

Serve with guacamole & sour cream.  And a side of chips if you’re feelin’ a little dangerous ;)

tacospaghetti4

Seriously…this is SO good!!!!  I’m SO happy I tried this because it’ll definitely be a staple for us.  Even my very littlest man LOVED it!!!   

4 comments:

  1. I made this last week and it was a hit! I couldn't find ground turkey at my usual grocery, so we used regular ground beef. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, that looks so good! I'm over from NFF, and I can't stop reading! You have a new loyal follower for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! We'll have to try that! I found you on New Friend Fridays @ The Girl Creative! I'm also you're newest follower!

    Sam
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had this for dinner last night...So good. Thank you for sharing with those of us who are unfortunate cooks :)

    ReplyDelete