Friday, March 19, 2010

My Mom Invented Cocoa Krispies

My mom might have said this to me before and I’m pretty sure I believed her.  When we were growing up, I can’t remember ever eating store bought Cocoa Krispies.  Mom used to make us our own…and it was GOOD!  One of my most favorite breakfasts/snacks/afterschool treats EVER.  Especially on cold days :)  Even though I’m all about the store bought version now that I’m all grown-up, I still CRAVE mom’s homemade style cereal.  I seriously think you’ll love it as much as I do if you give it a try :)

HOMEMADE COCOA KRISPIES

Milk

Chocolate syrup

Rice Krispies

Pour your milk into a saucepan & add chocolate syrup.  Add as much, or little, of both.  There’s no secret to this…the more syrup you add, the more chocolate-y your cereal will be :)  Bring to a boil  and remove from heat. 

cocoakrispies1

While the chocolate milk is cooling off, pour yourself a bowl of Rice Krispies…

cocoakrispies2 

Once your milk is cooled off, pour over cereal.  I don’t like my milk to get too cool.  This is one of those treats I like to eat HOT!  Not scalding hot, but you get the picture! 

cocoakrispies3

On nights when Mr. Spouse has to work and I  don’t have to cook, this is one of my favorite things to make for myself :)  It reminds me of being a kid and my mom’s mad skills in the kitchen ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment