Monday, March 8, 2010

A Little Thing For My Bling

I’ve been LOVING all the framed earring displays like this one from PB…

img74l

I have this little wall space in our master bath right next to my vanity that really needed some fun & frivolous decor.   I knew that a framed earring holder would be PERFECT for the look I’m goin’ for.  I found the perfect 8x10 {gold} frame from my favorite little store…Ross :)  So I brought it home, gave it a few coats of Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint, and whipped out the staple gun to attach the wire.  MUCH better than the gold, but still not what I had in mind.

earring frame1 

So I gave it a bath in my favorite Valspar Antiquing Glaze.

earring frame2

earring frame4 earring frame3 

Definitely better…

earring frame5

Our bedding has shades of blue, orange, cream, brown, & tan, so I really wanted to incorporate the orange into the frame somehow because I love orange & blue {our bathroom wall color} together.  I found the perfect orange & cream fabric that I attached to the back of the frame to finish it all off.

earring frame6

LOVES. 

really, REALLY, LOVES.

earring frame7earring frame8 

And I loves it even MORE with my bling!

earring frame9

Project by project, the bathroom is finally starting to take shape…

earring frame10

DIY Blog button 100_1731-1 MondayCuter makemonday1  TGC_linkypartykimbaDIYtrashTotreasure

 getYourCraftOnResized

14 comments:

  1. this one is WAAAAAAY cuter than any I have ever seen! You are a creative genius and love your ideas!

    I love how it turned out! caqn't wait to see how the whole room looks when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously friend...that is WAY freakin cute! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE that! I have been wanting one of these, but not been motivated enough to try to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVES it!! i have been eyeing those on pb, but of COURSE you whip up a cuter version you creative genius you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty great, I'd love to display my vintage pins like that. Thanks for the inspiration, some things are too pretty to be in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Did you purchase the wire at Home Depot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through Brittney Poe's. I love this and I'm totally inspired to try it but where did you get the wire and how did you attach it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! You did a great job. I never thought to put fabric on the back, it totally makes the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I can't wait to make my own! Where/what kind of wire did you use on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did. Can I just say though that I super love all your earrings! If I had all that cuteness I would want to display it too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, Love the jewelry frames that you made.
    Kelly Bookend Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this too. I need help with this dept. My earings are out of control!

    ReplyDelete