Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Look Of Love

It's beginning to look a lot like Valentine's Day around the house :)  Since February is the month of love, I'm not in any rush to take any of it down!  And if the decoration tear-down process works anything like it did after Christmas, we might be lookin' at this stuff until April!  HA!!


Remember these little balls I made that I got from this chick?! I had these hanging from my chandelier but decided I'd rather use them as a centerpiece for the dining room table.  I like this MUCH better!!

vday playgroup3


I LOVE my apothecary jars, but had NO idea what to do with them.  I took my favorite and filled it with conversation hearts.  Gotta love the Dollar Tree!

Vday Apothecary1 Vday Apothecary2
Vday Apothecary3

My fun little Valentine project...

Vday Entry Way


These frames were a fun little project.  I used sheet music scrapbook paper for the backing & used my Cricut to cut out a heart & the #14.  Then I used my distress ink pad {LOVE that thing} to dirty up the edges...

heartframe 14 frame2
heart & 14 frame

I left up the red shutters from Christmas...PERFECT!!

Vday Entry Way3 Vday Entry Way2

Another little 14 frame…

14 frame1


I made this LOVE banner with my Cricut & distress ink pad, too!  The fun little sparkly hearts were a random find at Wal Mart.  I had NO idea what I was gonna do with 'em when I found 'em, but for $2 a pack, I couldn't pass 'em up!

 Vday Banner

 Vday Banner2

And a little something in the kitchen :)  I made these for my sweet friends last year for our little Valentine playgroup!

Mommy Is My Valentine Frame

I really do love this time of year!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love all of your decorations! They are so cheerful and fun! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shutter idea is in this month's Parents' Magazine - you are soooo ahead of the trends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these Cara! These are my favorite posts!!!! Totally copying the play-doh for St. Patrick's Day AND....your frames you made are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I just found your blog and really like your style! Could you tell me what is a distress ink pad and how do you use it- blot with a tissue? Or how? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I just found your blog and am really enjoying reading your posts! Could you tell me what a distress ink pad is and how you use it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete