Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I’m Gourmet Like That

Am I the only one who feels like a gourmet chef when I’m cooking fish?!  Because I do.  Pretty sure that frozen  cod does NOT qualify as gourmet, but this recipe will seriously make you feel like your food is straight from Emeril Lagasse’s kitchen! BAM!

COD WITH CRAWFISH BAYOU SAUCE

4 cod fillets

1/3 cup green onions, chopped

1 tsp. chopped garlic

1 tbsp. Creole seasoning {I use Tony Chachere’s}

3/4 cup heavy cream

3/4 cup crawfish, cooked {or you can sub cooked shrimp}

1 tbsp. butter

Salt & pepper

Season fish with salt & pepper {both sides}.  Cook on medium – medium high for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until flakey.

Cod & Bayou Sauce2

In a separate saucepan, melt the butter.  Add heavy cream, garlic, green onion, & creole seasoning.  My FAVORITE creole seasoning is Tony Chachere’s {it tastes great on EVERYTHING!} & I love using the pre-made chopped garlic, too!

Cod & Bayou Sauce3  Cod & Bayou Sauce4

Cook on medium heat and add crawfish.  As you can see, I didn’t add any to mine :(  Boo.  But that’s not because I don’t love crawfish.  Sadly, we were OUT and I completely forgot to pick some up at the store!  The sauce is JUST as amazing without the crawfish, so if you don’t like crawdads or shrimp, it will still taste DELICIOUS!!!!!

Cod & Bayou Sauce6 

Remove from heat and serve over bed of rice.  This is one our our FAVORITE fish dishes!!!!  In my opinion, the more sauce the better!!!  It’s AMAZING with the rice and it definitely packs a little punch ;)  Here’s to being “gourmet”!

Cod & Bayou Sauce7

3 comments:

  1. I see you served this on rice, but I bet it would also be super delish in some corn or flour tortillas! Fish Tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you something funny about this recipe!! If you ever look at my Meal Plan you probably see that I make this all the time. It's so easy and my hubby absolutely loves it. He says it's his favorite meal. On Monday when I made this he said, "Where did you get this recipe from? It is SO STINKING good." I told him I got it from your blog, and he said, "You need to send her a present or something. I could eat this meal everyday!" Ha!!

    ReplyDelete