Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What I Wore Wednesday: The One with The Rompers and Dresses

It's been a while since I've linked up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.   That's large in part because of my inability to actually get dressed during the week.  My norm is yoga pants and forgiving tees.  Okay...so that's a lie.  Ripped jeans and forgiving tees is my uniform.  I need  a new pair of yoga pants before I can claim that as part of my daily attire. 

Anywho, I've been out and about these last few weeks and actually documented a few of my outfits so I thought I'd share here. As you can see, my go-to these days are dresses and rompers.  Can you see the theme?!  Comfortable and FORGIVING.  Bless.  


Running errands calls for comfy, casual dresses and my favorite pair of Converse.  I'm laughing at how white they look in this pic because ohmiword...they are anything but white IRL.  They need a good wash.  Or maybe just abandon ship and go for a new pair!?  SCARY.  And let me just tell y'all one little thing. That necklace?!  A "push present" from my husband. It holds a couple of charms with the boys names as well as a Waxing Poetic charm with Mr. Spouse's initial.  As you can see...trendy isn't always priority.  I like sentimental...A LOT.


Dress:  Target 3-4 years ago (SIMILAR HERE,  AND HERE , AND HERE)



One of my favorite local boutiques had this precious romper marked down to $20 during winter and I had to snag it before it sold out.  I am in LOVE. The color and fit are perfect!  I like that the shorts are a little on the longer side because no one needs me walking around in anything much shorter.  Lawd.  I will definitely get my $20 worth out of this one!!!  And I love that it can be dressed up or down.  Great impulse buy if I do say so myself ;)


Sandals: Sam Edelman Genette Sandal (all sold out)
Purse: bought it at a boutique last year...but THIS ONE is ADORABLE and very similar!!!!


Forever 21 for the win.  Y'all..I know I'm thirty-something, but I don't care.  I still love Forever 21.  I typically buy my staple, classic pieces at places like Nordstrom or Dillard's...but everything else is inexpensive because my taste changes like the trends :)   I can alway count on Forever XXI...even if it shrinks after the first wash ;)


Dress:  Forever 21, but it's sold out. EXACT SAME DRESS, minus the stripes, HERE
Shoes:  Steve Madden Comma Sandals, Black (several years old...this is the only link I could find)
Necklace:  Sam Moon (several months ago)


And here's what I'm pretty sure is my favorite romper of the season...so far, anyway.  Good gracious, I love it!  Love the length of the shorts and the "give" of the blouse.  And it hits my short torso in just the right spot.  PLUS, it's comfy as all get out.  Always a bonus!


Romper:  Old Navy
Shoes:  4 years old, Steve Madden (KIND of  similar; KIND OF similar as well

1 comment: