Tuesday, December 23, 2014

3 Days! (And a Cocktail)

THREE.

Vertices on a triangle.

The number of primary colors.

Triplets.

The little pigs.

The number of Hanson brothers (Mmmm Bop!...hahaha)

The Billy Goats Gruff.

Sheets to the wind.

Feet in a yard.

The holy trinity.

Months in a season.

Hands on a clock.

Legs on a tripod.  

Number of Sanderson sisters.

....and....

DAYS LEFT 'TIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say what?!?!?

I don't feel like I savored every moment of this month like I should've.  I was busy....in the best ways possible, but busy nonetheless. 

 Weren't we all?!?! 

 I should've spent more time lounging on the couch in my Santa jammies watching countless reruns of Home Alone and Elf.

 I should've baked more cookies and OD'd on sugar as I licked the icing straight from the spoon.  

My kitchen should've been covered in flour and sprinkles.  

Nah...I'm actually glad that didn't happen

 I should've brewed more cups of hot chocolate & watched the snow fall to the ground. 

 Errrrr....scratch that.  We live on the coast of Texas and snowflakes are a rareity.  But wow...that sounded amazing.  A girl can dream...

These next 48 hours will be spent baking, wrapping gifts, and packing.  And this season of wonder and magic will quickly come to an end.  

...sigh...

I love Christmas.  I really do.  But I love the season leading up to this very special day *almost* more.  It's magical, isn't it?!  People are kinder...friendlier...more generous and giving.  We have more empathy.  We feel more.  Or is that just me??  

I love hearing my boys wake up in the morning and squealing with excitement when they find our elf.  They LOVE him.  I love seeing the magic and wonder in their eyes.  Everything about this season is magical to them.  I know their magical years of the holiday season are numbered.   What I would give to be a kid again!!!!!

...BIG sigh...

All that to be said, Christmas is coming whether we're ready or not.  Keeping with the spirit of the season, I thought it would be fun to link up with my dear friend, Abby, over at The Inspired Apple.  She's having a little Christmas Conversation.  



If you're completely bored out of your mind and need some reading material to put you to sleep perhaps, I blogged all the details of this Christmas Conversation on my First Grade Parade blog.  I'm double dipping this week.  

Speaking of "spirit", here's a spirit filled cocktail that tastes like Christmas...if you think Christmas tastes like a caramel apple :)


SPIKED CARAMEL APPLE CIDER
6 oz. Apple Cider
1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
Caramel candy



I **personally** think the Market Pantry apple cider is the BEST for this recipe.  I've tried it using different ciders and the Market Pantry (from Target) always tastes better.  

For best results, pour the cider into a crock pot and let it simmer.  When it's nice and warm, ladle a serving into a small glass about 3/4 of the way to the top.  Use a shot glass to measure your vodka and schnapps and add both to the cider.  Of course, if this is a bit too much for you, you can always scale back the portion sizes.  I would definitely reccommend equal parts of both, though!!!  Mix to combine and add 1 piece of caramel candy to your glass.  The heat from the cider will melt the caramel, albeit slowly, and you'll be sipping on one of the most delicious cocktails you'll have this season!!!  

This is a GREAT drink to make for a party.  You can set up a little drink station...cider in the crockpot, all the fixin's set out beside it...and put out a little chalkboard or print out of the instructions on how to make the drink.  No fuss!

If you've ever had the Caramel Apple Spice from Starbuck's, you'll LOVE this!!  I **personally** think it tastes almost identical...with a kick, of course ;)  Be careful with this one...it'll sneak up on ya!!!  And...as always...please drink responsibly ;)  (Consider this my PSA for the season)  


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already here, too! Very excited for everything it's bringing this year, though.
    That apple cider drink--YUM!!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like a fabulous drink! Safe travels this week!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was just talking about doing a spiked cider. This is perfect!!! I can't wait to impress him with this! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this today for my family's Christmas get together and it was a big hit! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete