Monday, August 1, 2011

A Cocktail for Anonymous

Since summer is winding down and, for us teachers, there are only a few days left of quality deck time, I thought I’d share with you the most DELICIOUS cocktail recipe.  Actually, I really wanted to send a virtual drink to “Anonymous” who says that I’m sending you guys mixed messages about myself.  How in the world can I possibly post cocktail recipes, enjoy beverages AND pray with my Jesus lovin’ girlfriends on our girls trip, teach my boys about the Lord, and still call myself a Christian?!   Yes folks…it’s true.   I go to church every Sunday…I read my Bible every morning…I love the Lord more than life itself...AND {GASP!!!!!} I enjoy the occasional cocktail.  In the words of my sweet friend, Abby, I’m not about mixed messages…just about mixed drinks ;)  HA!!! 

Cheers to you, Anonymous!  This one’s for you!

 

THE HEATHEN’S RUM PUNCH

1 1/2 cups light rum  {I used Bacardi}

3 cups orange juice {I used Minute Maid, no pulp}

3 cups pineapple juice

3 tablespoons lime juice {freshly squeezed!!}

2 tbsp. cranberry juice cocktail {I used Ocean Spray}

2 tbsp. grenadine

Sliced lime, for garnish 

zrumpunch

Photo via Martha Stewart

 

Mix the ingredients together in a LARGE pitcher because this recipe makes A TON!  Since my sweet sister-in-law, Bobbi, is always introducing me to new recipes, I wanted to make this for them while they were in town visiting.  It got thumbs up all the way around.  Y’all…it was SO good!  And refreshing, too!!  From one sinner to another, I think you’ll LOVE this!!  SO yum!! 

Alright now…I’m late for confession!

23 comments:

  1. You are *too* stinkin' much! Cracking up. Again. This was just the therapy I needed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical. Loving this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish!!! Amen, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome...can't wait to try! Just started following you this weekend and already have made 3 recipes from your blog! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Still addicted to the last cocktail you posted. Grapefruit juice, Malibu, mint & Sierra Mist...who knew?? SO DELISH though! Can't wait to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! :) I too worry about how "anonymous'" might perceive things I do too. I personally agree with you 100%. I can't wait to try this one out!

    Thanks!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaha! This cracks me up and I totally agree! And even as a God fearing and God loving woman, I too enjoy the occasional cocktail! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say... I LOVE ALL of your blogs. You make me want to be a better wife, teacher, and person! Your joy for life and love for your family is addicting and has been an inspiration to me. And I'm pretty sure my husband loves you too (because of his full tummy every night!)

    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me smile :) This looks delicious. Can't wait to try it!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilarious!!! :) Wait, Christians drink and can still love the Lord? :) LOL Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i couldn't wait to get home & read this! DY.ING! think i totally just peed my pants! such a sinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't it Jesus who turned the water into wine at the wedding feast? I'm just saying.

    Love your blog! Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious! I love Jesus too, and I love the occassional cocktail! This was just too great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my LAWD this is funny! I couldn't wait either... DY.ING. I hope she's reading these comments.... Bc it's pretty obvious that you're a dang blogging SUPERSTAR. No one else seems "confused" by your messages??! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL yes I am reading, and am super-amused by all the attention one lil comment (now deleted seems?) got! And definitely agree on the blogging superstar bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. don't understand why people have to hide behind "anonymous" if they're going to comment on someone's blog. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Mrs. Carroll!!! The nerve of some people . . . I agree with Ms. Williams - you're an INSPIRATION!! I love reading your blogs. I'm not getting any mixed messages about you - I think you're a great teacher, mother, wife, cook, and Christian!! I love me a good glass of wine or mixed drink - thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the giggle...hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love you Cara! You are one of the most genuine people I know! Don't ever change!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh, good ol' anonymous. I love your blog and look forward to your posts. Don't you change a dang thing because of one voyeuristic crab-apple.

    -a cocktail-sippin' Christian,

    :)Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this!! Been following for awhile & yours is my favorite recipe blog. Thanks for being real!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was turned onto your blog by a friend, and as soon as I read this post, I knew I liked you! I feel the EXACT same way! Love that you are open and honest enough to share this :) LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made this for my Christmas Eve 2012 open house and I used coconut rum, because I had some in the house and, it was excellent. We had leftovers which we kept and enjoyed through New Years. Thank you for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete