Saturday, March 12, 2011

Capri-licious

No clue why the word “Capri” is in the title of this amazing dish, but I visualized myself sitting in a little Ristorante overlooking the Mediterranean Sea as I was savoring every bite.  I was slapped back into reality as American Idol started blaring through the television and I watched my boys strip off their clothes and streak through our toy-filled living room, laughing all the way.  Ha.  I decided to have two more heaping plates of this yumminess just to escape reality for a few more minutes :)  Capri, take me away!!

CHICKEN CAPRI PASTA

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts {cut into strips}

1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips

1 bag {or 2 cups} frozen broccoli florets

1 tub  (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Crème

Angel hair pasta

1/4 cups shredded parmesan cheese {I used Frigo!}

 

Boil pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, cut chicken & pepper into strips.  Combine chicken & peppers in a large nonstick skillet and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked.

ccpasta1

Stir in broccoli and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until heated through.  Now pour in the tub of cooking crème and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until heated through.  Don’t expect a runny sauce outta this recipe. If you’re looking for something more saucy, I’d probably add another 1/2 tub of cooking crème.

ccpasta3

On another note…real quick, I promise…have y’all seen this stuff??  Am I behind or is this stuff pretty new??  FLIPPING AMAZING!!!!!  That’s all :)

ccpasta2

And that’s IT.  Yes people.  One of the best pasta dishes ever was made in a whopping 15 minutes.  Even though it took me no time to make it, I sure pretended like I was slavin’ away before Mr. Spouse got home.  Y’all…this was SO dang good!!

ccpasta6

This was SO flippin’ scrum.  I couldn’t shovel it into my mouth fast enough.  And this is one of those pasta dishes that’s *almost* better the next day!  Mr. Spouse gave it two thumbs up, so you can guarantee this will reappear in my weekly menu very SOON!!! 

ccpasta5

And here’s the skinny…these cooking crèmes come in lotsa different flavors.  I’m thinking about using the same ingredients but switching out the Savory Garlic for Tomato & Basil the next time I make this.  Don’t get me wrong…the Savory Garlic was simply heaven {like a little chorus of angels singing in my tummy}, but I think the tomato & basil would give it a whole different, super yummy twist!!!  Can’t wait to visit Capri again, SOON!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a good friend of Paige's and love your blog. I tried this last night (they only had the Sante Fe Creme) but seriously...was amazing! I added a huge handful of spinach & some garlic but other than that right from your recipe. Seriously, we couldn't get enough. And so easy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night, and it was AMAZING! I looooved it, and so did Mr. Hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making it tonight and can't wait to try it. I have a quick question, where do you find the McCormick's Salad Seasoning you use in the Tri-Color pasta? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. Thanks! Love all your recipes, we have been trying something from here almost every night for about a month and ALL of us love it!

    ReplyDelete