Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pregnancy Craving

Okay…I’m so NOT pregnant, but when I was with my littlest itty, I craved veggies. Namely, broccoli. I couldn’t get enough. Although I like broccoli, I can definitely say I never liked it as much as I did when I was pregnant. My sweet friend, Jill, introduced me to this broccoli salad and I was in heaven. She would make it for our team for different occasions and I was always the girl going back for numerous helpings. It’s SO dang good! I crave this salad even now and I’m the farthest thing away from being pregnant :) It’s so refreshing and tasty!

RAW BROCCOLI SALAD

1 bag of broccoli florets, chopped

2 tbsp. Splenda

2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar

2 tbsp. mayo

2 tbsp. sunflower seeds

3 tbsp. seedless raisins

1 cup green onions, chopped

Chop broccoli and remove stems. You don’t have to worry about chopping it into tiny pieces. Chunks are better :)

broccolisalad2

Mix together Splenda, mayo, sunflower seeds, raisins, and green onions. This will be your dressing.

broccolisalad3

In a large bowl {covered}, toss dressing and broccoli together until evenly coated.

broccolisalad4

Chill until ready to serve. Or, if you’re like me, dig right in and go to town!!!! HA!

I usually like to make a double batch of this salad to munch on throughout the week. It’s great by itself or as a little side with a sandwich. If you aren’t a fan of green onions, you can replace them with 1/4 cup of red onions. I always feel like the red onions are a little overwhelming, so I prefer the green. AND, I ALWAYS add a lot more than 3 tablespoons of raisins because I LOVE the way they taste with this salad!!! This will keep in the fridge for about a week. Now get in the kitchen and whip this up for yourself! You’ll be so happy you did!

8 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just started a new blog network and would like for you to join and be a part of the recipe bloggers! Marissa told me about your super blog and thought you would be a great addition to our network! Vist Mama's Little Nestwork! Have a good day!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlenestwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite salads. I add half broccoli and half califlower sometimes, just to mix it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes this salad, but she adds chopped bacon to it. I think you can also add shredded cheese. It's one of my favorites!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE this salad at my house! We also add the bacon. I'm thinking I need to go make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I love this recipe. I also add bacon and I add cheese tortellini (boiled and rinsed with cool water) Oh it makes it so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic...I love this salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been my favorite pot luck dish for years. My recipe has purple onion instead of green onions and fried crumbled bacon. The sweet and salty combo is great. My husband always asks for this if we are to take a dish.

    ReplyDelete