Monday, June 14, 2010

Can You Smashed Potato?!

I LOVE me some Pioneer Woman. That chick is all sorts of greatness. Besides the fact that her pictures are outta this world, she can also cook it up in the kitchen. A girl after my own heart. Photography & food…what’s not to love?! I’ve been meaning to try some of her recipes for a while now, but when this one popped up in my Google Reader, I about FELL.OUT! I made ‘em that very night because they looked THAT good! And guess what?!?! They were even BETTER than they looked!

RESTAURANT STYLE MASHED POTATOES

5 Whole Large Red Potatoes {I think I used 6?!}

1 stick butter, softened and sliced

5 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled

2 whole green onions, diced

3/4 cups {8 oz.} sour cream

Salt & pepper to taste!

3/4 cup French Fried Onions {I used French’s}

Microwave the potatoes for 10 minutes.smashedpotatoes1

Meanwhile, cook the bacon & dice the green onions. {I STINK at cooking bacon!!!!! I hate it!!! There was grease poppin’ everywhere and half the strips were burnt! Dangit! Anyone wanna share some easy bacon cooking secrets with me?!?!?!}

smashedpotatoes2

Remove the potatoes from the microwave and SMASH. Yep…leave the skin on and make sure they’re nice & lumpy. You don’t want ‘em to be smooth for this recipe!

smashedpotatoes3

While they’re still hot, add your softened stick of butter and mix well.

smashedpotatoes4

Then go ahead and add the sour cream, green onions, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon.

smashedpotatoes6

Now toss in the French Fried Onions. OMG…TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!smashedpotatoes7smashedpotatoes8

It’s like a smashed potato party in your mouth! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

smashedpotatoes9

Right about now, I’m thinkin’ that the Pioneer Woman is my hero.

smashedpotatoes10

You can find this recipe and all of her amazing photographs HERE.

8 comments:

  1. That..looks...orgasmic! Yum! Gotta try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last week, and they were a HIT!! LOVED them!

    I share your love of PW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cook my bacon in the oven! put it on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet with sides (or use a broiler pan) and bake it at 375 for about 15-20 minutes and it's perfect! I also love to sprinkle a little brown sugar and freshly ground black pepper on the bacon for a treat...my hubby loves this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cook my bacon like Lindsey! Except I line my baking sheet with tin foil. Once your bacon is done in the oven take it off the baking sheet. Let the greese on your tin foil harden and then throw the tin foil away! EASY EASY cleanup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love PW too! Try her "best lasagna ever" and you'll be in heaven! It is YUMMY! Those mashed potatoes look pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look SO YUMMY! Sounds like you had fun test driving too! {jealous}

    Sam
    Mom.Undecided.
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/
    *Come on over - I'm hosting my first giveaway!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. um, seriously? Is there a recipe that you post that isn't TO DIE FOR?!?! Such a hit!

    And as for the bacon, I cheated and used the kind in the bottle :) Still delish!

    ReplyDelete