Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What A Week!

To say things are busy in the world of Team Carroll might be the understatement of the year!  I am SO behind on EVERYTHING!!  The end of the school year is nothing short of crazy :)  I'm still meal planning, but WAY behind.  I finally sat down yesterday to plan out the rest of the week and then go grocery shopping...with my two boys.  Ummm...it might've been the WORST grocery store trip of all time.  The check out lady even said, "this won't last forever, mom."  UGH.  I had one kid on the hip screamin' at the top of his lungs the entire hour we shopped, and the other kid runnin' around like a banshee.  At one point, he fell off the side of the cart, smacked his head on the hard floor, and...because I wasn't paying attention...I accidentally ran over his foot in the process.  Not my best Mommy moment :) All I have to say is that I ADMIRE stay at home moms now more than ever!!!!  The fam will be in town this weekend for the big {Jimmy} Buffett tailgate {WOOT!!}, so I included a couple of bonus days :)

Now...without further ado...this week's crazy menu!

Monday:  Plain and Simple Soft Tacos {last of the groceries!}

Tuesday:  Creamy Marinara Chicken Pasta & Cheesy Bread

Wednesday:  Mom's Chicken Cacciatore & Mashed Potatoes

Thursday:  Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice

Friday:  Spicy Jalapeno Sliders & Seasoned Cheese Fries

Weekend Breakfast for the fam:  Jimmy Dean Breakfast Pizza

Weekend Dessert for the fam:  Not Yo' Momma's Banana Pudding...{a Paula Deen FAVORITE!}

Every other weekend meal:  OUT TO EAT!!!!

With the exception of Monday's super simple tacos, everything else is NEW!  Lemme' just tell you that I made the Creamy Marinara Chicken Pasta last night and OMG...TO DIE FOR!  Scroll down for the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm you are definitely going to have to share some of those recipes that you didn't link up to. They all sound delicious. My husband's favorite recipe is banana pudding, so I would LOVE that recipe!!

    I am soooooooo ready for school to be out. I'm ready to try new recipes. Since the end of the school year is so busy, I have just been sticking to my tried and true easy recipes!!

    ReplyDelete