Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It’s Like A Fiesta In My Mouth!

Everybody's got a dish that you LOVE for your mom to make.  Growing up, mine was chicken pasta.  Not like the chicken pasta you order when you go out to eat, though.  I discovered that quickly {eeeks!}.  This dish has a very Mexican taste and I gotta say, my version tastes ALMOST just as good as mom's.  But let's be real, NOTHING I make can ever be quite as good as what mom whips up in the kitchen ;)

FIESTA CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

Rotisserie chicken, shredded

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can tomato sauce

1 cup PACE Picante Sauce

1 small onion, chopped

3 ribs of celery, chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

Chicken Broth

2 1/2 cups shredded cheese {we used a 4 cheese Mexican blend, but regular cheddar OR cheddar/monterrey jack blend would be just as tasty}

12 oz. Penne pasta

 

Cook pasta & heat oven to 350.  Meanwhile, chop your veggies.

mexican chicken pasta3

Saute your veggies in chicken broth.  There's no exact measurement with this...I just added enough to cover the pan and then added more when it evaporated...just long enough to saute {probably 7-10 minutes?!}

mexican chicken pasta

I threw the pan in the dishwasher and pulled out a pot and transferred the veggies to that.  Then I added the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, picante sauce, and tomato sauce.  Heat through and add chicken broth to the mixture.  I probably added about 1-1 1/2 cups of chicken broth.  Just enough so that it made the mixture creamy and not too runny.  Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

Are you lovin’ it yet?!

mexican chicken pasta2 

Drain pasta toss in the sauce mix once it's heated through.  Coat evenly and add cheese.  Stir until well mixed.  Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish and heat on 350 until cheese is melted, or bubbly.  I left it in for about 12 minutes and it was perfect!

mexican chicken pasta5

Seriously, y’all…like a fiesta in my mouth!!!!!

Muy delicioso!!!

mexican chicken pasta7

5 comments:

  1. YUMMO....totally gonna try this asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto....that looks and sound deee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, i'm new to your blog and love it! Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I just wrote it down and am going to make it tonight. Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to try this! My boys love pasta and especially chicken spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this tonight! Deeeelish! Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete