Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Get Your Sam’s Card Ready!

Those of you with a Sam’s card will greatly appreciate this recipe!!   My mom has been making this for years and when I found out she got the main ingredient from Sam’s, I was headed there the next day to get my membership!! {Other vendors may carry the same ingredient, but the only place I can find it is Sam’s!!!!}   This is a fast and E-A-S-Y dish…something you wanna serve when company’s over because it will please!  Unless you hate shrimp &/or pasta, there’s no reason you won’t LOVE this meal!!!

SHRIMP SCAMPI

1 box of Shrimp Scampi {Sea Pak…from Sam’s Club}

2 cans tomato sauce {I use Hunt’s}

1 pkg. spaghetti, cooked

Cook spaghetti noodles according to package.  In a separate saucepan, saute the shrimp on medium heat until melted.  {This box packs A LOT of shrimp.  If I’m just cooking for me & Mr. Spouse, then I only use half the bag. }

shrimp scampi9

shrimp scampi1

Once the buttery stuff on the shrimp has melted, pull them out & remove the tails. 

shrimp scampi4

shrimp scampi2shrimp scampi3 

Return the shrimp to the saucepan and add two cans of tomato sauce.  Cook on medium heat.

shrimp scampi5

You’ll notice that the scampi/sauce mix looks REALLY greasy right around the edges.  It is.  SO, spoon out the excess butter/grease. 

shrimp scampi6

Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes and then pour over pasta. 

shrimp scampi8

TO.DIE.FOR!!!!  I still ask for this whenever I go home even though I can make my own here :)  Like I said, other stores may carry the shrimp scampi, but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere else.  I’m sure there’s something comparable, so if you know of something, let me know!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm...this looks yummy and sounds pretty easy...I will have to add this to my list of new things to try!

    ReplyDelete